Progress Thread SN95 "Project Father & Son" 1994 GT

My 347 swap, frame rail rust fixing, 1 off front bumper creating, 5 lug swapping for better brakes, complete fresh suspension, self welded on subframe connectors, steering rack swapping, and many, many tune downloads/uploads puts me in the looks/comfort category, eh? You crotchety old coot you. I ought to drive my very (currently) uncomfortable car down there and teach you a lesson.
When did I write that stuff?........In 2018?
I probably made that comment after you sold off the first fox, but before you waited until you couldn't stand it it any longer,....

Then.......bought some Chrysler tuna boat,...quickly came to terms that you preferred a me-too ford instead, bought 2011 belly button, did a this, did a that,.. Cut up the hood, slammed it up against a curb, sold that, bought a box ranger...bought the wrong transmission,...Fed the radiator to an aluminum flex fan (because you needed clarification on what a " flex fan" was). Sold that, bought the current car,...stated that you intended to keep it close to stock,...bought a 5 lug this, bought a 347 that,..overtightened the rocker arms...pissed and moaned about how you shoulda kept it stock, finally got it running, cut off the bumper, grafted on a a 15 year newer one..then goes out and buys a 100 year old house in the middle of a corn field...that needs a little TLC...fixed a this, sheet rocked a that...

Don't blame me if I mis-read your personality type.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

When did I write that stuff?........In 2018?
I probably made that comment after you sold off the first fox, but before you waited until you couldn't stand it it any longer,....

Then.......bought some Chrysler tuna boat,...quickly came to terms that you preferred a me-too ford instead, bought 2011 belly button, did a this, did a that,.. Cut up the hood, slammed it up against a curb, sold that, bought a box ranger...bought the wrong transmission,...Fed the radiator to an aluminum flex fan (because you needed clarification on what a " flex fan" was). Sold that, bought the current car,...stated that you intended to keep it close to stock,...bought a 5 lug this, bought a 347 that,..overtightened the rocker arms...pissed and moaned about how you shoulda kept it stock, finally got it running, cut off the bumper, grafted on a a 15 year newer one..then goes out and buys a 100 year old house in the middle of a corn field...that needs a little TLC...fixed a this, sheet rocked a that...

Don't blame me if I mis-read your personality type.

I’ve had my latest Fox since 2016. You’re just a grumpy judgmental coot. It’s ok, still got love for ya Pops.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
So this happened.

49565314491_8dd86a87d0_h.jpg
Untitled by jpjr50, on Flickr

• Surprised
  • Wow
Looks like I'm about to go all in but it's totally the opposite.

My 2 year window has expired and the wife has shut me down. My son is getting his AA in college so he's not interested in the project anymore.

Instead of trying to sell the car and get nothing I decided to part it out instead. Figured this car can get other 94-95's back on the road.

I thought it would take years before I'd sniff getting my money back. In 2 weeks I sold enough parts to get my purchase price back and I still have a lot of parts to go, big stuff too.

I wasn't selling the motor but I sold this dude the entire wiring harness (his 94 is carb, going back to FI) and he wanted the motor. He's like I'll take the motor and tranny out in an hour right where it sits. Dude came over last night, we did exactly that in an hour. He bought both the short block and trans.

I'm back on the GT500 plan and whatever I make will be my down payment as I'm not trading anything in. Not a new GT500, a very low mileage 2010-2012. I'd really like to get a 2013-14 but who know's.

Reactions: 4 users
Looks like I'm about to go all in but it's totally the opposite.

My 2 year window has expired and the wife has shut me down. My son is getting his AA in college so he's not interested in the project anymore.

Instead of trying to sell the car and get nothing I decided to part it out instead. Figured this car can get other 94-95's back on the road.

I thought it would take years before I'd sniff getting my money back. In 2 weeks I sold enough parts to get my purchase price back and I still have a lot of parts to go, big stuff too.

I wasn't selling the motor but I sold this dude the entire wiring harness (his 94 is carb, going back to FI) and he wanted the motor. He's like I'll take the motor and tranny out in an hour right where it sits. Dude came over last night, we did exactly that in an hour. He bought both the short block and trans.

I'm back on the GT500 plan and whatever I make will be my down payment as I'm not trading anything in. Not a new GT500, a very low mileage 2010-2012. I'd really like to get a 2013-14 but who know's.

she shut you down on this, but you’ll end up with a GT500. I’d say that’s not a horrible trade!!

she shut you down on this, but you’ll end up with a GT500. I’d say that’s not a horrible trade!!

She's the best, bought half of every car I've owned over the past 25+ years and 75% off all the parts purchased too. With my kids in college and me driving an SUV for so many years doing 80% of the pickups / drop off's she says I deserve a GT500.

When I say she shut me down, I meant she said almost 2 years ago if this car isn't on track then just get rid of it for something else.

My Black Lab dog's name is Shelby, You can see where I'm going with this, a Shelby is a must at this point.

Damn, one less early SN on the road. That’s a shame when you live where I do.

True but I can assure you after talking with everyone who came to my house and purchased parts, the items have put their 94-95 back on the road.

Only 1 guy actually showed up to buy parts in a 94-95 Mustang. The rest needed parts and many of mine saved them.

I almost felt bad about dismantling this car but when the people showed up and shared their story I new it was the right move.

Sad to see an sn off the road but a gt500 would be quite the upgrade. I’d be interested in some various pieces if you’re still selling from the interior.

Here is the latest parts list. https://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/pts/d/boca-raton-mustang-parting-out-entire/7078859164.html

Some interior parts left. The door panels, instrument cluster, shifter bezel with leather shift knob are the only items that have been sold I believe.

Have lots of suspension parts remaining including a fully intacted rear end. I thought for sure a Fox body guy would show up for this, great 5-lug plug and play conversion. A Fox body dude snatched up the front spindles but he already had the rear end.

Going to start putting the smalls on eBay since I am on week 3. Most of the big items (other than the rear and suspensions parts) have been sold.

Here is the latest parts list. https://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/pts/d/boca-raton-mustang-parting-out-entire/7078859164.html

Some interior parts left. The door panels, instrument cluster, shifter bezel with leather shift knob are the only items that have been sold I believe.

Have lots of suspension parts remaining including a fully intacted rear end. I thought for sure a Fox body guy would show up for this, great 5-lug plug and play conversion. A Fox body dude snatched up the front spindles but he already had the rear end.

Going to start putting the smalls on eBay since I am on week 3. Most of the big items (other than the rear and suspensions parts) have been sold.
Was interested in that plastic piece that covers the steering column if it was not faded, can’t see in pictures

I wish Miami was not so far away :( lol

Had two people come from South Beach and Kendall on Saturday.

If the items are small I can ship them.

The bezel around the instruments? I still have it.

The things I thought would go fast didn't and the odd ball items all sold. The plastic cowl trim was the most recommended part other than the T5 transmission.

Last edited:
Just a heads up, you can still get new OEM battery trays for about $25. I bought one on eBay to replace the broken original in my '95. '96+ part number, but fit just fine.

Save the bottom bolt that goes into the frame rail if it's still usable. Those are discontinued and aren't cheap NOS.

I have the hold down block with long bolt and I have all 3 tray bolts (8MM sides, the long one at the bottom) that come with it. I negotiate with everyone.

I have the hold down block with long bolt and I have all 3 tray bolts (8MM sides, the long one at the bottom) that come with it. I negotiate with everyone.
Wish I had known sooner. Might have asked you to ship to me. I think I paid $20 for the lower bolt from a NOS supplier. My original was completely rusted away.