Progress Thread SN95 "Project Father & Son" 1994 GT

It’s a light piece but due to awkward size, shipping might make it nit worth it for me. Here’s the piece
1B9B8E4F-9C9F-4FB7-A8EA-8A92A3FE5B9D.png

• Sponsors (?)

Update: 3/9/20

This is how the car sits currently. I got my purchase price back in little over 2 weeks, almost at my total with all the other items I bought.

Most of the interior is intact, even left the passenger air bag in. I thought the trim bezels would go first. Instrument cluster (not the bezel) and shifter bezel / leather boot sold. The rest I still have.

As for the exterior just the front fenders sold and side skirts. The front nose is in my shed along with the wheel wells. Have the stock Pony rims too.

I have boxes of parts still.

I'm def going the GT500 route, 2010-2012 model unless a smoking deal for a 2013-2014 arrises that I can't pass up. My best friend is buying a 2020 Challenger Hellcat, we've been doing Car Safari for him. He wants purple but they stopped making a lot in this color. Ones we found were 6-speed which he doesn't want. Once I get the Shelby we're going to do 1/2 mile events together. May do a driving school since he's never raced anything before.

I have a guy that's coming for the shell on Sunday. Once the shell is out of my garage I am going to remodel. When I get the Shelby it'll be in a nice garage finally. Right now it's a mess.

If any of you are local and need parts to get your car on the road I may have it.

49640381042_d765926df7_h.jpg
Untitled by jpjr50, on Flickr

Would you be opposed to sending me the hood to hinge retaining nuts and the underhood light and harness? I had to use hardware store nuts and washers when I reinstalled my original hood since the originals we no where to be found, much like the underhood light and harness.

Would you be opposed to sending me the hood to hinge retaining nuts and the underhood light and harness? I had to use hardware store nuts and washers when I reinstalled my original hood since the originals we no where to be found, much like the underhood light and harness.

The underhood hood matting and light assembly sold right away. Extra nuts I may have. I actually have 2 hoods, one as you see in that picture and another in my shed. I'm giving the guy this hood you see with the car. I don't need 2. Let me see if I can find the nuts.

The door panels are gone right?

Yeah, they sold on day 2. I would say the plastic cowl, transmission and door panels by far were the top 3 items requested. I had to sell these to the person who gave my the highest amount.

All the items I thought would never sell or take longer to sell were the first things sold. Wiring Harness, yeah this thing was 25 feet long the time I layed it all out on the ground. Misc. clips and hardware. Luckily I bagged and tagged everything I took off.

One guy wanted 1 Pony rim for $50. I told him for $120 you'll get all 4 with tires (2 Goodyears up front and bald fatty's out back). He said no.

The Cobra "R" Polished Rims 17x8 Fronts and 17x10.5 Back, I would get offers for $100 all the time (at least 5 times). I sold them for $600.

I had a guy that wanted a few items, told me 3 nights in a row he was on his way....never showed. On the 4th day I stopped taking his calls / texts.

Had a guy show up for Edelbrock RPM Intake, Elbow, 70MM Polished throttle body, BBK MAF, 24 pound injectors, Cold Air kit, BBK X-Pipe....we agreed on a price. Guy handed me the cash and he was $200 short. I said buddy, your $200 and he said that's all I have. Seeing I wasn't happy, he handed me $50....keep going but he didn't. He said "take it or leave it" so I said "leave it". Told him I was not interested in selling him anything. Drove up an hour (2 hours round trip) for nothing.

Most of the people have been great except 2. I've texted and kept in touch with a few already.

Reactions: 1 users
94-95 is the Edsel of the Mustang Line. Saying that not being negative. Finding the parts can be a friggin nightmare and in the end you are usually going to mod something to make anything else work (speaking from experience). Love the wheels.

(Get yourself a Bin that you can just toss the take off parts in and get them out of your way. My process is to hold them for 6 months and then sell after I know what I did works)

BTW. If you need a Clutch cable, aluminum quadrant and firewall adjuster hit me up. Got one that is mildly used that will work for your application but not mine.

The underhood hood matting and light assembly sold right away. Extra nuts I may have. I actually have 2 hoods, one as you see in that picture and another in my shed. I'm giving the guy this hood you see with the car. I don't need 2. Let me see if I can find the nuts.
I’m good on the matting, but still missing the light. I’ll have to hit up some local yards soon to see what I can find. No worries if you don’t have the hood nuts.

Well boys, the car is finally gone (the shell).

Dude showed up with an entire suspension - rear end, controls arms, springs, A-Arms, tie rod ends, struts, shocks, rims / tires and more. We installed the entire suspension in under an hour. Had it loaded onto the trailer in no time.

I have one more YouTube video coming. Will post shortly.

49665566931_2095b1ca49_h.jpg
Untitled by jpjr50, on Flickr

So what color is the gt500?

I haven't started the search, just been looking online.

2010-2012 Grabber Blue with white stripes and Red with white stripes are my favorites. The Grabber Blue has less units made. Toss up between the two.

I'm going to be very picky, I want it stock but if there are few bolt on's I want all the stock parts too. I also want the documentation and accessories that came with the car during original purchase. If they don't have the books, two keys, two key fobs, SVT Certificate, etc., this is a deal breaker. Mileage has to be under 20K, that's my highest number. If there are several owners I will probably pass. Looking for an all original, one owner 2010-2012 GT500 with low miles in either Grabber Blue or Red.

Going to taking a break from cars for a while actually. Still have boxes and shed of parts to sell off. Opened up an Mustang Bank Account and just dumping money into it for now.

Priority is remodeling the garage. Need to get some quotes for concrete polishing the floor. Ripping out my crappy partical board cabinets. Just received all my storage bins so everything is going into those since the floor needs to be clear. Moving most into my shed. Need to pickup the light grey paint for the walls. Lots fo work for the GT500 new home.

Reactions: 1 user