Car has power at all times 98' GT

So yesterday I came to find that there is always power running through fuses on the high amp at the engine bay. Even the three fuses that are for 'Ignition' are energized when there is no key in the ignition. No wonder why my battery was draining all the time. What could be the culprit here?

• Sponsors (?)

Ignition switch
What do you mean by that, like the electronic part or
1671225359989.png

or like the actual ignition switch the key goes into??

Thanks bud

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Reactions: 1 user
Yes. Have you checked for power going into and coming off of the ignition switch? Are any of those fuses that you tested supposed to be [Key On] only?

If so, take a look at the switch.

You didn't say what year but this one is 94-04.

I will diagnose the ignition switch tonight and I'll get back on it.
In regards to the fuses I tested, yes some aren't supposed to be on, however let alone that, all the fuses in the fuse box are energized.

and sorry yes, it is a 98' GT

Last edited:
Yes. Have you checked for power going into and coming off of the ignition switch? Are any of those fuses that you tested supposed to be [Key On] only?

If so, take a look at the switch.

You didn't say what year but this one is 94-04.

Hey boss, so after checking for continuity between terminals on that piece, everything is like its supposed to be, except no continuity between B5 and A1 in ACC. Only time there is continuity is as follows; Key in, ACC, Run, Start, Run, ACC, Off (key in) and then push in and turn key on more down, then continuity occurs. In that very down position, pulling out the key is impossible.
B5 = Battery Input
A1 = Hot in Run of ACC output

Does this conclude anything in regards to why there may still be power at the engine block fuses?