car hesitates when accelerating

My car has been doing this for awhile now. I was having some exhaust and fuel problems that I thought it might be but I just got new SLP LM1's put on and got the gas tank fixed and the problem is still there.

When Im accelerating, the car begins to hesitate like its not getting gas, or a plug is loose, etc. Also, if I listen to the exhaust while its idling it makes a gurgling sound. (It did this on the old exhaust too.)

I have a fuel filter that Im gonna install when I get the time and Im thinking of replacing the plugs BUT if I still have this issue after changing these things WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE??

• Sponsors (?)

My car has been doing this for awhile now. I was having some exhaust and fuel problems that I thought it might be but I just got new SLP LM1's put on and got the gas tank fixed and the problem is still there.

When Im accelerating, the car begins to hesitate like its not getting gas, or a plug is loose, etc. Also, if I listen to the exhaust while its idling it makes a gurgling sound. (It did this on the old exhaust too.)

I have a fuel filter that Im gonna install when I get the time and Im thinking of replacing the plugs BUT if I still have this issue after changing these things WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE??

Does it sputter while just idling as well?

Change the fuel filter first. If that doesn't work, change the plugs. If THAT isn't the answer, then look at the coil packs.

I just went through something similar. Car sputter really bad at idle and hesitated (felt almost like the tranny was slipping) while accelerating (it was especially bad lower in the RPM band). It turned out to be some bad plugs. I was dreading that it was bad coil packs.

I finally got around to doing the fuel filter and the problem is still there. It helped a lil bit but the car still sputters, mostly at higher speeds (like when I'm already doing 60 and trying to accelerate). Someone mentioned the IAC? Anyone else mess with that before? Also, I'm gonna look into spark plugs. Any suggestions for which plugs I should get? Thanks guys.

Sounds like a coil.

My car had the same symptoms as you mention, would idle radically (I have cams so it was hard to notice it), it would work fine under 20mph but as soon as I'd open it up hesitation, bucking etc would happen. It got to a point where the car would shut off while driving lol. I changed out the spark plugs, cleaned MAF, IAC, fuel filter. I borrowed a coil from my sisters GT and checked one by one on my car and yep, twas the culprit. Bought a new one and all is good.

GL!