Car in Prime! Woooo

MAC'n89Blckstng

Jun 11, 2003
NJ
I finally got my car in primer this weekend, it was an awesome day and Im so happy with the way it looks. I just cant wait to lay some color down on it now. But not till the end of this school year. Being broke sucks.

SprayDay1.jpg

SprayDay2.jpg

SprayDay3.jpg

SprayDay4.jpg

SprayDay5.jpg

SprayDay6.jpg

SprayDay7.jpg

Attachments

• SprayDay1.jpg
    SprayDay1.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 82
  • SprayDay2.jpg
    SprayDay2.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 56
  • SprayDay3.jpg
    SprayDay3.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 58
  • SprayDay4.jpg
    SprayDay4.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 67
  • SprayDay5.jpg
    SprayDay5.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 66
  • SprayDay6.jpg
    SprayDay6.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 74
  • SprayDay7.jpg
    SprayDay7.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Sponsors (?)

Roland69 said:
please add flex ajent to the paint for the plastic pieces and bumper covers. I would hate to see another repainted stang with cracks all over the bumpers.

This is a myth, flex adjent is a just an additive to keep the paint soft and flexable on plastic parts so the body man can put the bumper on allowing it to flex and not crack. After I think its about a month it will gas out of the paint. The only reason paint should crack off is if the part was flexed alot when the paint is all cured or the part wasnt sanded properly. Also, new bare plastic parts need to be heated to 140 degrees for 40 minutes to lift the mold release adjents (oily) out of the fresh plastic and then cleaned with a special plastic cleaner. Then scuff and lay an adesion promoter. Sorry guys, got a little carried away.

Roland69 said:
alright I was just telling you what my Dad (body man for 20 years) tells me.....what you said was true but what if you need to take a bumper off later on or somthing

It could crack! But if your really careful it can be done with out cracking the bumpers. Plus, since I'm two toning it the front bumper is going to be painted on the car to keep the break even with the fender, so i I dont have to worry about taking the bumper on and off, just the rear bumper. I've done it before without effin it up so it shouldn't be a problem.

We should meet up somewhere when you go down, A couple more of my friends are going to be cruisin down there. It would be awesome to go down with over 10 stangs. I have a whole club that may be interested.

We had 4 guys and 2 cars last year (could have had 4 cars but why take that many and make it tougher). It was a 14 hour trip each way for us and we did it straight (I took a 2 hr break there and back from driving, thats all). We have a house down there that we rent and although its maybe 15-20 out of MB (its in North MB) it is still a great place with a 24 hr store 2 min walk away that sells beer all night long (In CT they close at 8 or 9 most nights and isnt open sunday)!

It was a HELL of a time down there, and next year we should have some better faster cars to play around with!