Car is hard to shift when up to temp

• Sponsors (?)

I've been through a few Autozone clutch cables on customers cars and my own. They tend to actually pull the sheath from around the cable through the plastic part that goes through the firewall. If someone made aluminum ends for our cables it would solve that issue. I don't know how these companies have gotten away with this for over 20yrs....just like selling people the wrong tensioner puller on the tensioner. It's supposed to have a pulley with shoulders so it won't throw the belt at higher rpms or certain conditions.

The way I can instantly tell a good cable from a cheap one is by the color of the plastic ends. If they're black its cheap... if its cream colored its good to go ( generally ).

This is a good cable

Screenshot_20200128-124051_Chrome.jpg

So just a update, I got the ford racing cable and installed it today and first off the pedal feel is 10x lighter then the brand new cable I had in it. And the problem of being hard to shift after the car warms up seems to have vanished now. So I guess there’s some truth in you get what you pay for. Now I just have to add some heat wrap to the headers. I also have the heat shrouding sleeve on the cable as well. Thanks for the suggestions

Reactions: 1 user