Car keeps stalling...help

Smeckel

Jun 27, 2001
Meriden, CT
Last fall I started having trouble with my car stalling whenever I put the clutch in if I didnt also tap the gas. The RPMs will just drop from wherever I was cruising at to 0. When idling, it also starts surging and then eventually stalling, especially in cooler weather. What could be causing this? It idles alittle bit high so I don't think its because of the idle setting, but how would one adjust the idle speed? Any ideas on why its doing this?

I'll be swapping the top end in a month or two but want it driving well until then.

Any helps appreciated,
Steve

• Sponsors (?)

Well first I hope that your putting more on than just the heads for use with the 30# injectors unless you like the smell of raw unburnt gas. As to your other problem, did you take a look at the TPS settings? It should be around .93 to .97 volts if not then you either need a new or it needs to be adjusted.

Yeah, I'm looking for an intake and trickflow stage one cam for the engine as well. I have an adjustable fpr so I doubt the 30#ers will cause a problem.

Second, How does one check the TPS. I'm still a noob as far as this 'Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me' is concerned. Anyone wanna clue me in?

Thanks for the reply