Car overheated what might have got messed up

1fast95stang

May 19, 2008
I have a 95 mustang with a procharger, heads, cam, bored 30 over. and was out crusing and my car got up to 250 water temp. After a few problems got it fixed and now my fan works and keeps it cool. But when i get up to high rpms and about 7 pounds of boost it starts to hesataite. I have never had belt slippage on the procharger but i did get coolant everwhere so it might be the belt slipping. But what might have i messed up with the temps getting to 250. I dont think i melted a plug wire, because it runs fine untill about 5000 rpms

• Sponsors (?)

Does anyone know what temps i have to be worried about warped heads. I had it at 250 for less than 1 min and got it shut off. the coolant was boiling, inside the overflow but none was boiling over??? anyone know if i should be worried about damange

Is it possible to blow a headgasket because of the engine getting to hot. and also can you blow a headgasket and not have coolant go into the oil, cuz i got oil leaking out the back and i think its coming from heads but it could be sneaking out the valve covers not sure yet?? any ideas

Yes, you can blow a head gasket and not get coolant in the oil. A common way to do it is to blow out a section between cylinders like this:

5.17blownheadgasket.jpg

As for the power problem, it sounds like an issue with maintaining boost. Do you have a boost gauge? That might help you determine if you are getting belt slip at high RPM.

I do have a boost gauge, but when people talk about belt sliipage i guess i dont know what happens. My car will go to about 7-9 psi then hesataite, then build so more boost to about 10-11 then hesataite again then build some more boost. it doesnt do it at the same psi of boost each time.

As boost pressure climbs, more load is placed on the supercharger, and ultimately, the belt drive. If your belt starts to slip because of increased load, you are going to lose compressor speed, and then you will lose boost pressure. But if you aren't losing boost pressure, you probably aren't experiencing slip (or at least, a lot of it).

So really, if you aren't losing pressure, that is probably not your problem with hesitation. Is your fuel system up to snuff?

Everything is WAS working fine, fuel, boost, ignition. Untill i overheated the car last week. It got to about 250 degrees for a min untill i got into a parking lot. Coolant boiled over and when i went to releave the radiator it went everwhere. I was thinking maybe the belt got streched cuz of 250 water dumping all over it. Or maybe i messed something up in the engine due to the engine getting that hot.