Car Pulls to Left on the Brakes

• Sponsors (?)

could be a hose collapsed, open the bleeder screw and see if you get fluid from the right side hose, and like was said check for uneven pad wear. If hoses are good it could be a caliper. Best to change them in pairs.

When I hit the brakes, the car goes off to the left.

Also, its a bit easier to steer to the left than to the right... could this be related?

My input:

Pulling to one side while braking can be due to:

-Caliper going bad
-Brake line going bad (soft/swollen)
-Brake pads/rotor worn more on one side
-Bad wheel bearing
-Bad balljoint

Because yours is also harder to steer to one side, I'd say your balljoints should have a nice thorough inspection.

If they check out, then bleed the system- but I'd certainly be pissed to bleed the brakes only to find it was a suspension problem.

my vote is for a bad wheel bearing

if you make a hard right hand turn does the car sorts "click" or make a wierd sound? my right side is bad and its doing the same thing when i brake

Could be alignment. My '94 had a bad pull to the left while braking, turned out to be that it had quite a lot more caster (out of factory spec actually) than the right. The fix would have been camber/caster plates, since caster is fixed on the factory setup.

Dave

They are stainless brake lines, pad wear is even on each side. I dont hear any noise on the wheel bearings when making any turns.

I just replaced the ball joints about a year ago with the tall FMS ball joint. All the stock stuff was in bad shape, it was lowered and nothing was aligned I think, and everything was torn up. The inner tires were down into the wire, while the outside had plenty of rubber left.

Im thinkin more towards something with the suspension. I'll have to listen to the radio for when places are doing "free" alignment checks.

more than likely its your alignment it would pay off to get an alignment you may need some adjustable camber bolts or caster camber plates but if you keep driving like you are you will be buying tires every few thousand miles...you might get lucky and get camber bolts installed to fix the problem there alot cheaper than caster camber plates but the alignment shop will let you know which application will be best.click on link below here are some camber bolts.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/16MM...ryZ33581QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

interesting... Ive replaced everything up front now except for the swaybar and steering rack bushings.

Ive done the tie rod ends, ball joints, kyb agx struts, a-arm bushings, caster / camber plates and cobra brake setup with steel lines.

I just find it odd that it is so much easier to turn to the left than to the right, and that is the direction it wants to go. Unless Im just getting into ruts and thats when I really notice it.