Car sat for a few years, looking for some advice

I recently got an 01 GT that has been sitting for a few years, and it has never had dry gas put in it and was only started maybe once or twice while it sat. I can get the car to run with starting fluid only and it idles where it should and will stay running for quite a while until the idle dips and dies, it will also die if you "punch" the gas too quick but wont cut out if you rev it up slowly. When it does dip in idle it does try and rev itself back up. sometimes it'll work, sometimes its not enough.

I got a obd2 reader and here's the codes:
- P0175 ( system too rich bank 2)
-P0172 ( system too rich bank 1)
-P0190 ( fuel rail pressure sensor)

- Other data on the scanner says LTFT B1 -25.0%
STFT B1 -10.9%
STFT B2 -13.2%
LTFT B2 -25.0%
Fuel Pressure 9.5 psi with the key in on position
I've added dry gas to the tank and some injector cleaner to see if maybe that'll help it run and that hasn't seemed to do anything, I also wanted to run the car lower on gas before I had to drop the tank to drain it, there's just over half a tank. is it safe to let it run? or am I going to have to drop the tank with what gas is in there? I've been doing a bit of research on this but cant seem to find a solution or where to start first other than drain all gas out and add fresh gas and replace the frps, with any luck I'm hoping that will be all I need.
The engine has just over 50k on it and ran fine before it sat uncared for.

I've cleaned the MAF, and also cleaned out the IAC thinking that might be the problem but no luck. Fuses are all good.
Does this sound familiar to any of you guys? any help on what it could be, where to start, any tips would be really appreciated. Cant wait to get this car running like it should

• Sponsors (?)

A couple of things. Fuel pressure is too low. Should be holding above 30 PSI between starts.

Are you interested in a WAG? If so, how about stuck partially open fuel injector? That would explain the chronic rich condition as will as the bleeding fuel pressure. I have had great luck with InjectorRX.com. Once cleaned and flow tested they are as good as new. Cheaper than new.

+1 on drain the tank. It is possible to power the fuel pump and use it to drain the tank.

Last edited:
Will d
A couple of things. Fuel pressure is too low. Should be holding above 30 PSI between starts.

Are you interested in a WAG? If so, how about stuck open fuel injectors. That would explain the chronic rich condition as will as the bleeding fuel pressure. I have had great luck with InjectorRX.com. Once cleaned and flow tested they are as good as new. Cheaper than new.

+1 on drain the tank. It is possible to power the fuel pump and use it to drain the tank.
with the fuel pressure being so low would that be the fuel pump not responding during the key on/start? I still have to get a fuel pressure gauge and hook it up to the shrader valve and see what's going on there. I don't hear the fuel pump buzzing like it should but it might be I have to get a better listen to it( hard to hear because the beeping when you put the key in, will have to let someone try while I listen from the outside)...not to sound dumb but what's WAG? also thanks for the input on injectorrx I've heard about them.