car shutting off

rickd93_lx

Dec 22, 2005
my car recently sat at my house for a week unused because my clutch linkage cable broke...you know that small one inch braided wire with two balls at either end , that cost 30.00 bucks at ford i changed it and now my car doesnt want to stay on i know it has nothing to do with the cable i just want youall to know that it had been sitting. it wont idle and even on the highway driving at 55 mph all i have to do is put it in neutral and it will shut off, if i keep it in gear it will stay on. at stop lights i have to keep giving it gas or it will shut off. then sometimes it will drop rpms to around 800 then it picks back up and it will be fine for a while it basicaly has a mind of its own. the car is a stock 2.3 a 93 with dual sparkplugs. could it be th iacv? but would that cause me to shut off in neultral on the high way? any suggestions would be great ill be leaving work at 1000 central and wont be back till tommarow so if i dont respond to any question i will at 200 tommarow central. sorry for the long thread.

peace
rick

• Sponsors (?)

my gut tells me you have a vacuum leak. check the tree on the firewall and make sure that nothing was disturbed. for laughs go ahead and clean your IAC and re-set you idle and tell us how it runs.

my car did something similiar, but for me it was a clogged fuel filter, which in turn fouled out my plugs as well. changed filter/plugs and it was as good as new

thanks guys ill try both my fuel cloged noty to long ago i banged it with a screw driver and it uncloged ill replace it this week end if that doesnt work ill try the iacv thanks for the help i just tuned up the ride about a month ago, thanks for the info