Car sputtering Maybe EGR related?

Fuzion

May 24, 2005
Virginia
The car just isn’t running right.
Couple weeks ago I decided to convert my 87 to Mass air and I installed a cobra intake at the same time. While I was doing this I found that I broke two old brittle vacuum lines. They are very thin, one is white and the other black. I really don’t know what they are for but they both go to the thick hose that runs from the air pump to the H pipe and the pipe that joins the back of the heads. All this on the passenger side of the engine bay.
lines7na.jpg

I tried doing some research and found that these lines have something to do with the thermactor air divert solenoid and the thermactor air bypass solenoid.
When I did the wiring for the MAF I followed these directions

Its getting harder to start the car on cold starts. When it starts it revs to about 2k rpm and then drops violently, to the point that its going to die but then rapidly recovers. I see the volts dropping rapidly when this happens too. One other thing I notice on cold starts is a sound coming from what seems the transmission well. Like air shooting through something.

Once fully warmed up while letting go of the clutch it really depends on how much gas I give it but if I try to take off quickly the car begins to stutter. It kind of feels as if the clutch isn’t fully engaged or slipping.

I installed the cobra intake like in the pictures below:

cobraintake25od.jpg

cobraintake15uz.jpg

I believe that the intake isn’t causing the problem, And I’m debating if my clutch is just toast.

So if anybody has any suggestion on to what is wrong I would really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

That would indeed cause idle concerns, as all vacuum leaks do..
Do not connect the line, plug it.
Regarding your plastic hoses you've broken, get yourself some washer fluid hose and put them back together and then see how she does...