car sputters after long periods at 1st startup why ??

Iwant5.0

Jan 9, 2003
NC
Hello all. My car has an odd issue. Every morning and after work when i 1st start my car is sputters while idleing and idles at about 500 rpms like its going to stall but it doesnt. After the car has warmed up it runs just fine. Can you point me where to look for a problem.

thanks

:flag: :flag: :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

pull codes.

absent any other info, i would clean the IAC and check values for the ECT and ACT sensors.

good luck.

i have had the same problem ever since I had my car, I've done everything known to mustang kind to fix it. when i did my H/C/I I replaced my TPS(adjusted properly) new IAC, New Throttle body,new O2 sensors, and even the bypass plate that is recommended by Ford to stop the idle surge. the only option I have decided on now is that maybe my coolant sensor is crap and is telling the computer that it is really wamer than it is, so maybe that's another option to consider, but first I would go with cleaning out the IAC, cleaning the TB, readjusting the TPS, make sure the main wiring harness connectors or connecting properly. I don't know if anybody has it or maybe you can search google but there is a site dedicated entirely to mustang idle problems.goodluck with your problem.