Car Stutters and Dies On First Startup, Then Cranks Up Fine??

92GreenGT

PEAT
Founding Member
Jul 18, 2002
Big Stone Gap, VA
Hey guys, when I go crank up my car for the first time each day, it will crank up and idle down and die. Sorta stumble for a few seconds and then just die on me, like it cant idle right or something. Then I go to crank it up again, and it will start right up and continue to run right. Wont ahve a problem out of it till the next day when it does the same thing, its not a serious problem but I would like to get it fixed. It has done it since the blower has been on.

Dave

• Sponsors (?)

I changed out the TB, and I shook the IAC and it sounded like something was moving. Then I read up on it, and I heard thats what its supposed to do. It only started doing it after I put the blower on. Hard to say exactly what it is. THanks guys

Dave

if all else fails, guys like Rick91GT and Chris (Blackfox) have posted stuff about blowin cars and stuff that gets fubar'd like that.
good luck, Dave.

Subscribing. Mine does this sometimes as well. I have replaced the IAC, TPS, New Throttle Body and EGR w/sensor, new fuel pump and new FPR, New Mass Air Sensor, New 02 sensors, New injectors, fuel filter, New coil, wires, plugs, cap, rotor, etc...ECU giving no codes???????

Did you set your TPS? I think im going to try to do that, how do you set the stock TPS? I have saw some TPS sensors with little holes in the top of em to stick something down in to mesaure the voltage. My stock one doesnt have that, how would I get a voltage reading to change it? THanks

Dave

For the stock TPS, you want to probe the green (pos) and black (neg) wires with your multimeter, and i think the voltage you want is around .95v ?

I have this exact same problem, i've recently changed o2's, TPS is at .96v, ecu is giving no codes related to it, and i've cleaned thed IAC sparkly clean with carb cleaner.

Dave you can check the voltage with a volt meter.

Push the NEG lead into the black wire, push the POS lean into the green wire. Turn the KEY to the on position and take a reading, set it to .90-.95, I find any more then that makes over 1.0V at WOT and causes issues.

Now if it is giving you a erratic reading it means something is wrong with the TPS. You may find you need to file out the hole to get the sensor to move far enough to get .90+

I would also clean the IAB, it may not be catching an idle if it is worn out. Make sure all your pipes are tight, no vac leaks and check the cleanliness of the air filter.

I cleaned mine by spraying it with WD-40 then wiping as much of it as I could with a paper towel. It cleaned the thing nice, but as I said I still have the problem. Carb cleaner may work nicer.