carbed 302 question

jsynhon

Aug 24, 2005
im thinking of putting a victor jr top end,i.e. heads and intake with a demon 750 carb on my 5.0. any ideas or comments on this setup? i already have a set of performer rpm with 1.90/1.6 valvess(pn 60229)...should i just keep these and run an rpm intake with a smaller carb?...this will be in a street car w/ 4.10 gears,5 sp notchback. driven maybe 4 times a month. also, hydraulic or solid cam? what is max lift for stock pistons w/ 1.6 roller rockers?

• Sponsors (?)

Posted via Mobile Device the vic is a bit overkill on an unstroked engine unless you're running very high rpm and you have a stout cam to go with it. You'd be better off with a stealth. The 750 also is a bit much for a street engine. I'd go with a demon 575 on a wieand stealth intake. You'll have awesome throttle response and won't lose any bottom end. If you ever plan on stroking it then buy the victor jr stuff now and the 750 as it'll be perfect for a 347. You may even make a bit more top end with the vic stuff but you'd prob lose a good bit of torque.