carbed charged 96 V6?...maybe dumb question

1stanger1

Jul 3, 2005
in my house
ok guys...got a new project ahead of me

i just bought a 96 v6 coupe
headers full exhaust cobra r wheels new tires wing cobra r hood with the scoop and a bunch of other things...

i have this really nice little 3.8 super charger setup from a super coupe..i know that part will fit thats not my concern here...
i'm building the motor a bit...Cam port polish shaved heads and .30 over and valves..
among other things
on top of the charger is a plate that unbolts....
is it possible to do this setup with a carb sittin on top of there and eliminate the fuel injection all together?....i'm wondering about this...
i'm not looking for horse power or anything just having a different really cool car...

you know i wanna put one of those chrome things on top of the carb with the 3 flaps and all...i just wanna be different...
if anyone remembers i put the fuel injected 5.o into my 99....
let me know if anyone has any ideas.....and if you think this might work
if i do attempt to do this i will keep everything posted on here and make vids for youtube, you can see all my vids from my 99 there

thanks for any insight on this!

• Sponsors (?)

wow i have dreams of doing the same thing but without the carb, and i'd vote no because the motor runs on fuel injection and the computer will still try to feed the motor. so i guess the big thing to lookout for is getting the computer offline and getting the fuel injectors off, and getting the carb to provide the fuel somehow.

it would be a matter of a 12lb fuel pump eliminating the pcm or at least keeping it on just for the trans... blocking off the injector holes...hooking up fuel to the carb...

i just dont know if it will ever run right, maybe i'll just stick to keeping it injected..idk , alot of people have dont this, i just wanted to be different