Carbon Creations Hood

bit

Founding Member
Sep 27, 1999
Anderson, SC
Does anyone have experince with Carbon Creations? I have friend looking to buy one of there stock replacment hoods for his 89. The intent is to not paint the hood so the fit needs to be nearly perfect out of the box.
Carbon Creations Carbon Fiber Hoods - OEM for 87-93 Ford Mustang at Andy's Auto Sport

I also found that visracing.com offers a stock replacment hood, but I think that is more than he is wanting to spend.

Thanks for any help guys.

• Sponsors (?)

Dude, This is COOL. Okay?
concept2mrbodykit.jpg

87con2mrbodykit.jpg

COOL, not RICE. This $hits awesome. :nice:

:lol:

C'mon, a stock carbon replacement hood doesn't make his car look like a clapped out Civic! Geez, the new Shelby Mustangs have carbon parts and they aren't "ricer":rolleyes:

Besides, general rule - do what YOU LIKE...your car. Too bad there isn't a way to get the cowl panel between the windshield and the hood to be carbon. Also see if you can get a carbon hood in a satin clearcoat. Lot of carbon companies offer that finish and it would give a different look to a blacked out hood? Maybe even paint the hood body color and leave the center raised section of the hood in carbon - similar to an 85-86 GT center blackout? Just a thought.

I've heard VIS has really good quality, remember the rule with buying car parts - get what ya pay for!

-J

C'mon, a stock carbon replacement hood doesn't make his car look like a clapped out Civic! Geez, the new Shelby Mustangs have carbon parts and they aren't "ricer":rolleyes:

Besides, general rule - do what YOU LIKE...your car. Too bad there isn't a way to get the cowl panel between the windshield and the hood to be carbon. Also see if you can get a carbon hood in a satin clearcoat. Lot of carbon companies offer that finish and it would give a different look to a blacked out hood? Maybe even paint the hood body color and leave the center raised section of the hood in carbon - similar to an 85-86 GT center blackout? Just a thought.

I've heard VIS has really good quality, remember the rule with buying car parts - get what ya pay for!

-J

Agreed, Ive installed alot of VIS hoods on other makes over the years for customers and always liked there quality and fit.

I wouldnt put a carbon hood on my mustang but thats only cause it doesnt fit the look of my car. I could see how a fox (could) pull off a carbon hood on a motorsports themed car.

I have one of these ricer hoods on my WRX. I had it installed when my old one was destroyed in an accident. Lemme tell you, I wish I had a stock back on it, the fit and finish is good, but a lot of little stuff didn't work out so well. For instance, the air splitter doesn't bolt up, the factory squirters didn't fit right, I had so spend the extra money and time installing hood latches, and as a note, it is a Siebon hood (which has a very good rep). I didn't have a whole lot of choice since the body shop couldn't find a replacement metal one. Is there something wrong with his old hood?