Catching hell w/ new foglights.

j_packman

Apr 1, 2010
Bryan
I bought a new set of foglights for my car and they only worked for a few days. I've checked them for bad connections/loose wires/bad bulbs/fuses, and i cant find anything wrong w/ any of it. Also, when the foglights stopped working, my dash lights all went really dim and they wont brighten up. HELP please.:shrug: Oh yeah..they fog's were for a 96 GT

• Sponsors (?)

Check your fog light fuses, if it were the bulbs one of them would go out and then the other. Check your fog relays, they should be in your engine bay on the drivers side. Not familiar with the wiring scheme in the 96's but they shouldn't be to off from the the PI's wiring. Could it be your dimmers maybe using two fuses one of there own and sharing w/the fogs. Get back w/results. Use your volt meter to check if the fog light females are getting 12 volts.:flag:

well, it's a 96 GT w/ a cobra front bumper....the car had foglights in it when i bought it and they were trash. i had to cut the wiring for them to put the new ones in. could it be that the new lights were supposed to have lower amperage and i hooked them up to what the old ones were? hell...i dont even know if the old ones did the same thing as these....idk

Do you know how to use a volt meter? Follow your wires and punture thems w/your light switch on, by process of elimination, you can track down whats wrong w/your lights. Sounds like they might have grounded out if your dimmer switch malfuntioned at the same time the fog lights went out!