Catted vs. Non-Catted Magnaflow X-pipe

crew_dawg16

Apr 25, 2004
DeKalb, IL
Hey guys, I just recently bought my 2003 Gt 5-Speed and it is 100% stock down to the paper filter it came with. Anyway, what I want to know is the power difference between a catted and non-catted x pipe from Magnaflow. Also, will there be a drivability issue with no cats? I've heard the MIL eliminators are not 100%. Oh, and how do you guys with no cats pass emissions?? :shrug: Thanks for any help.

• Sponsors (?)

what they said, you will only lose a few ponies. if you go with off road , it will be louder and smother . You cant really legally get away with off road on a visual inspection unless you go under the table and pay who ever does it like a extra 50 bucks or so, ive see nit done a hundered times, but you also have to have a inspector that is really cool.or you could get the o/r pipe and weld in cats later on

For inspection, all you have ot do is swap your stock h-pipe back in and go get the car inspected. THe HP difference is minimal, but the o/r will sound ALOT louder and meaner, trust me. Can't beat the sound of an offroad midpipe IMO.

That's what I was originally thinking, but my car is registered in Illinois and they have never visually inspected any car that I brought them. In fact, with 1996 and newer vehicles, you pull your car in and they test your gas cap and plug a scanner into your computer and you are on your way. BTW, aren't the o/r x-pipes cheaper??