Center e-brake cable for 93', alternate to Ford Racing cable?

281pony

Aug 31, 2003
Oly, WA
i am sick and tired of crawling under this bastard. i have the car lifted up and torn down right now to add my e-brake cables. i have a 93' with cobra rear brakes (11.65).

i have 93 cobra left/right e-brake cables. i've heard you can maintain the oem center cable and use these. wrong... they would fit so tight the brakes would constantly drag.

so i know i need an adjustable center e-brake cable now. i have seen it referenced, that SN95 cables will work on 93 and later models.

so can i go to the parts store/junk yard and get a 94-95 mustang center e-brake cable? are they adjustable like the m-2810-a piece? :shrug: it would be awesome in itself to get one stretched out already.

• Sponsors (?)

google images is showing me two different images for oem 94-98 center cables. one adjustable, one not adjustable :mad:

basically, is there anything that works on a 93' with cobra rear brakes besides the ford racing m-2810-a cable? i am trying to go and get something commonly stocked tomorrow.

I think he has it...he just is getting sick of adjusting it.

I only had to adjust mine twice. I figured out an easy way to do it that limits my going under the car. I would unbolt the e-brake handle inside the car, and angle it so the cable can be drawn down under the car.

Then i'd lay on my back, reach up and thread the nut on by hand to take up some slack. That took all of 10 seconds. Then i'd go back into the car and bolt the e-brake back into place and try it out. If it needed more, i'd do it again.

Was better than trying to get a wrench or socket under there

i am sick and tired of crawling under this bastard. i have the car lifted up and torn down right now to add my e-brake cables. i have a 93' with cobra rear brakes (11.65).

i have 93 cobra left/right e-brake cables. i've heard you can maintain the oem center cable and use these. wrong... they would fit so tight the brakes would constantly drag.

so i know i need an adjustable center e-brake cable now. i have seen it referenced, that SN95 cables will work on 93 and later models.

so can i go to the parts store/junk yard and get a 94-95 mustang center e-brake cable? are they adjustable like the m-2810-a piece? :shrug: it would be awesome in itself to get one stretched out already.

i used the 94 center non adjustable cable , with the ford racing cables works like a charm !