Centerforce Dual Friction Installation (Started)

crew_dawg16

Apr 25, 2004
DeKalb, IL
Well, it took me 3 hours to get my transmission out because of a stuck h-pipe header nut. Once I got the tranny out, the machine shop was already closed and I will have to wait on getting the flywheel resurfaced and the install. It sucks being without my car, but I don't have a choice. This clutch is amazing looking, side-by-side comparison with the stock clutch is unbelievable! :nice: The weights on the clutch spring help with the pedal pressure I'm assuming. My only complaints are having to buy the TOB separately and the clutch itself didn't come with an alignment tool. :nonono:

Oh, and that top starter bolt is not going back in on my car! :notnice:

• Sponsors (?)

got it from summitracing.com, they have them for $298. By far the cheapest I've found. You have to buy the TOB separately for another $36. It also does not come with an alignment tool, so be sure to get one. The TOB for a T-3650 is CTF-N1714 and the clutch number is CTF-DF800075.

Done!

Finished my install today. I went and got the flywheel resurfaced for $30. It took me about 2 hours to get the car back together. The longest part of the job was getting the tranny/engine lined up and in. I had to remove the shifter base and have a friend come out and pull down on the engine to get the input shaft to line up. Once that was done, it was smooth sailing. The clutch pedal feels a lot different, it is real stiff at first, then it becomes softer than stock at the release point. I can't tell a difference yet because of the break-in period. After about 500 miles I will test her out. It made my engage point a lot higher on the pedal also, it will take some getting used to. In the first post I thought that the weights that were on the spring were to decrease pedal pressure, now I think they are for the extra gripping power. At higher rpms, they would put a lot of force on the clutch and really make it grab.

Hit me with any questions you have about the install.