centerforce dual friction

lmpbzkt492

Apr 13, 2003
is a centerforce dual friction clutch too much for a stock t-5 in a basically stock car? i picked one up as part of a t-5 conversion and i wanted to make sure before i put it in that it wouldnt be too much clutch for the trans. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

also, is it possible to just buy a new dual friction disk for it? the guy i bought it from (a friend of mine) said it only had about 500 miles on it. the disk pretty much looks brand new. i was just checking to see if i can just buy a new disk just for extra insurance. thanks guys

ok i was just hoping that it wouldnt be too much clutch for the transmission. the only thing i was worried about was that it is used. i had it checked out by someone and they said it looks pretty much brand new so i shouldnt have anything to worry about i guess

that's what I have and no problems with the tranny with lots of Friday night passes at the drag strip... It's a great clutch, it feels great and grabs pretty hard... umm the clutch grabs hard *runs*

It's a good clutch for stockish setup and I love the feel of it. But I have it on the car in my sig and it slips from time to time at the strip, and I only have 300rwhp. I'm getting a DFX this winter, heard their much better.

the pressure plate that came with it looks pretty much brand new so im assuming that i can make the same assumption about the clutch disk. supposedly it only has about 500 miles on it before the guy converted to a TKO so i guess i should be ok using it

what kind of clutch cable and quadrant do you guys suggest? i saw the one that i think summit sells the non-adjustable ford racing one for like 40 bucks or would it be better to go with an adjustable cable? what about a quadrant? which ones are good? thanks guys

get the fiore setup.

read the article in my sig for clutch adj stuff.

if the friction pads look fine, keep the clutch disc, why spend the money?

Is it too much for the t5? Yes. my trans builder likes to refer to centerforce as t5 killers. Personally I think that's an overstatement. I believe the true t5 killer to be a spec clutch. I've used both, and the centerforce isn't nearly as bad. We've used it on a t5. Just be nice on your shifts and the trans should hold up for a while at least.