Changing Front Oxygen Sensors

Gentlemen, have a 2002 GT. With 170,000 miles I thought I would change the front O2 sensors. Not realizing that I was looking at the rear sensors, I finally found the front sensors. I can barely see them let alone try to replace them. How is this normally done? From the top or bottom? I could barely get a finger on the sensor let alone wrench it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Lonestar1

• Sponsors (?)

I have always dropped the mid pipe. I use an open end wrench or O2 sensor socket once its on the ground.

I have bulky hands so getting to the wire connectors has always been a difficulty. I can only get a thumb and finger tip up to the connector to press the release tab and try to my best to pull it down while pressing the tab. I get at it from underneath the car and there usually is some pain associated with doing it. Be persistent and patient.

You probably don't have to drop the mid pipe but I got fat hands and since my mid pipe is offroad and lightweight, its fairly easy drop it down. It gives me the clearance to get my fat paw up to the electrical connector. An open end wrench should work to get the sensor end out of the mid pipe whether its dropped or installed.