Changing tranny oil questions

Wow, thanks for all the replys guys. I have 4 quarts of Royal Purple Synchromax destined for my tranny. So I can run a tube from the engine compartment to the filler hole?? Never thought of that. I don't really want to remove the shifter, then I have to reseal it all up. Guess I'll just go to pepboys and see what I can find. A 3/8 ratchet will really fit the drain and fill bolts??
The 3/8" socket wrench fits the drain plug, but the fill plug is just a rubber plug...it sometimes gets stuck, glued, melted to the fill hole, so, yeah, good advice here - before draining, be sure to pull the fill plug first to ensure you can actually get it out!

• Sponsors (?)

Ok, so I changed the tranny fluid, so far, I havent really noticed too much of a difference, little smoother when just throwing it from gear to gear, but I really wont know until I get it on the freeway for an extended period of time in the heat, that was when it didnt like 1st or reverse. But I have one more question, I filled it with approx 3.3-5 quarts, and I still couldnt feel the fluid with my finger from the fill hole...is this bad?? Should I not be driving on it? I went out for a drive, and drove it like I stole it, and didnt have any problems. Should I put more in?

but the fill plug is just a rubber plug...it sometimes gets stuck, glued, melted to the fill hole, so, yeah, good advice here - before draining, be sure to pull the fill plug first to ensure you can actually get it out!

What the? This is exactly how internet rumors get started.

Ok, so I changed the tranny fluid, so far, I havent really noticed too much of a difference, little smoother when just throwing it from gear to gear, but I really wont know until I get it on the freeway for an extended period of time in the heat, that was when it didnt like 1st or reverse. But I have one more question, I filled it with approx 3.3-5 quarts, and I still couldnt feel the fluid with my finger from the fill hole...is this bad?? Should I not be driving on it? I went out for a drive, and drove it like I stole it, and didnt have any problems. Should I put more in?

As long as you put that much fluid in you will be fine.