Cheapest place to get a B303 Cam...

• Sponsors (?)

This thread makes me feel like watching one of my best friends start dating a girl that I know is complete trash, and trouble to boot, but yet my friend looks so happy that I can't say anything because he'll hate me for it.

Adam

I just threw a B cam in the trash a month or so ago. Sold almost all my 5.0 stuff and was getting ready to move and it was all I had left so I tossed it in the trash.
Wish I knew you needed one.

This thread makes me feel like watching one of my best friends start dating a girl that I know is complete trash, and trouble to boot, but yet my friend looks so happy that I can't say anything because he'll hate me for it.

Adam

You know Adam!

I got a thing or two in my sig I feel ... Kinda Strongly about :D

Perhaps you could do the same about x-xxx's ;)

See :eek: Neither one of us :nono: Said It :rlaugh:

Grady

I would have to ask if you have considered other choices that have
the benefit of newer technology :shrug:

btw ... I am not suggesting a custom cam here :nono:

I am suggesting you consider all your options before laying
down the cash ... if you have not already done the fact
gathering process.

As for the price .........

Would the price between an alpha-bet and after market cam
be all that much different :shrug:

I'm not trying to be critical or trying to make you change your
mind about your choice.

I'm just curious about the reason in your choice :)

Grady

It seems to be a decent cam for the price [under $200] and I'm not a big fan of the steeda #19.

What my setup will be:

GT40 heads [hand ported]
pro prod intake [ported]
150 shot of nitrous [zex - dry]
24 or 30lb injectors
along with what I currently have in my sig

What would you suggest?

guys, john is leaving a few things out here too.....

its an auto with 4.10s, a crappy 2000 stall converter (which hes putting back in the car with the worked motor) and he MIGHT BE USING A TWEECER.

so, with that being said, heres my reply: let him use the b303, get decent, but lower HP results than what he expected and try to be happy with it.

now, if he would listen to me, heres what he should do: get a 3500 stall (hes gonna be using a sticky tire), save for the tweecer and use a comp cams XE series cam, like the 268 or so.

John, talk to KillerCanary and see what he recomends. Call Comp Cams, email Jay Allen (who made my custom cam) and get some PROFESSIONAL HELP before you put ported heads/intake with an undersized cam!!!!

An auto trans you say :eek:

If the trans remains .... as you seem to say .........
less efficient than it could be :shrug:

You are gonna want a cam that produces the very
best low end torque to offset the trans while
giving more power as well

I ask this question about the b-cam :shrug:
and more importantly ;)
In this particular application :)

Is it the best choice if compared to other after market
ots cams to compliment the trans being used :shrug:

btw ... I saw some dyno curves from a Steed #19 recently
and
The low end looked pretty soft :(

Sorry ... almost of everything I got pertains to stick trans
combos but lots of others have run autos so the info
is out there ;)

Grady

John, talk to KillerCanary and see what he recomends. Call Comp Cams, email Jay Allen (who made my custom cam) and get some PROFESSIONAL HELP before you put ported heads/intake with an undersized cam!!!!

Nates giving you some good advise john. That cam is the brains of the motor so it's quite important you get something that works well w/ your combo. Since your spraying the car you might want to start looking elsewhere for more of a nitrous cam. I would also suggest some more converter if you goign to be using slicks or e/t streets...not really sure what your intentions are....If you don't have enough rpms off the line that thing is going dead hook and bog hard man. No matter what you do it will run much better than what it did before but if you want to fully maximize your combo you gotta' buy parts that work well together....

yeah the steeda #19 does lack a little low end, but topend it was a definate noticeable increase, and as far as racing goes thats where ya need it, cus when u shift it doesnt drop that low ;)

When I first reassmebly my car the the steeda 19 cam, I got on it and i was like wtf i lost power then it kicked in :nice:

Okay guys, I'll rule out the B303 camshaft...

Give me some recomendations now :(

There are way too many to choose from

Crane, Ford, Custom made, Trickflow, Edelbrock, Speed Pro, Comp cams, lunati, etc...

I'm going insane looking through so many.

Wtf, even summit has their own brand now. :nonono:

Help! :eek:

Well ... I don't know if this helps :shrug:
but
I can say I've never seen a custom used with oem heads

Maybe that will rule out one choice :)

I'd search out all peeps who run an auto trans
and
I'd call up the tech boys at Comp, Crane, etc

Here is a file done up by Tom Moss :hail2:
since he has put it up here before
I'm hoping he won't mind us looking at it

Unfortunately ... It does not list trans type
but
Maybe you can get an idea or two :D

Grady

combos.gif

as i mentioned to a noob in another post get the z cam!!!!!!

especially since its a auto
:eek:

lol has anyone ran this cam???

i saw with nitrous get a custom ground cam for that my friend had a custom nitrous cam in his relativaly stock engine with a 125 shot and it ran amazing

yea, get a Z cam. thats pretty much as silly as runnin the B cam.

John, you need to start putting in your time on the phone wtih Comp, etc etc. start talking to guys like Jay Allen and Ed curtis.

final5-0: a custom cam wtih a stock (style) head wouldnt be a bad idea. atleast that way he could get the most out of hissetup. I would save up antoehr 3-4 weeks and spend the extra $100 for the custom, john!