chin spoiler installed... uhh.. ok?

sgarlic

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2001
Yeah.. so I go outside today to put the chin spoiler on. Drill in hand, bit set, etc. I look up under the car, and it's already got holes in there. Before you think to yourself "Previous owner had chin spoiler, then removed it," remember I'm the first owner.

I bought the chin spoiler w/ hardware from MT, and they ship it with 3 rivet type things already installed. They lined right up with 3 of the holes that were already there. This held the chin spoiler up, while I simply pushed the supplied push pins up in to the existing holes.

So in conclusion, if you haven't yet installed the Mach 1 chin spoiler, be sure to hit a coyote first, and have your front bumper replaced with one that already has holes for the chin spoiler.

It looks nice.

http://www.sgarlic.com/04stang/IMG_1477.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I just got it from the Ford dealer after I hit the coyote. The body shop there did all the work.. the only difference besides the holes under the thing I noticed from my old bumper is that the license plate looking piece on the front of my original bumper was completely flat, the new one had what looked like a hole template for the license plate screws or something.

Shrug.. fine with me.. fastest chin spoiler install I've ever read about. :)

if i remember correctly, there were already a few holes on my bumper when i decided to put the chin spoiler on. they lined up with holes on the spoiler, but i didn't think 3 push rivets were anywhere near enough to hold it, so i drilled about 10 more holes.

inferno9898 said:
if i remember correctly, there were already a few holes on my bumper when i decided to put the chin spoiler on. they lined up with holes on the spoiler, but i didn't think 3 push rivets were anywhere near enough to hold it, so i drilled about 10 more holes.

Mine did too...one in the center and one at each corner. Mine was the original bumper from '02, before the Mach 1s. Go figure! :shrug:

sgarlic said:
I just got it from the Ford dealer after I hit the coyote. The body shop there did all the work.. the only difference besides the holes under the thing I noticed from my old bumper is that the license plate looking piece on the front of my original bumper was completely flat, the new one had what looked like a hole template for the license plate screws or something.

Shrug.. fine with me.. fastest chin spoiler install I've ever read about. :)

Hmm....something is fishy.
First of all, all GT bumpers have the place for the license plate. Only the Cobras dont.
Second, my original bumper didn't have holes, and my brand new one didn't either.

scupking said:
My 01 doesn't have any holes (it will soon). I tryed putting it on yesterday and had no luck. I have that blue masking tape and it wouldn't keep it on. It just kept falling off.

Take the bumper off and then install the chin spoiler, much easier!
Here's pics of mine just done last week!
bumperchin.jpg

No, I still have the indentation in the bumper where the license plate shape is, but there are hole templates, where as my original bumper didn't have the hole templates.

I just had all the holes already, I didn't do any drilling, I just used those 3 rivets that come in the chin spoiler, and it held the chin spoiler in the exact right spot while I pushed the plastic push pins up in there.

The replacement OEM bumpers are made to fit the v6/gt/mach because they're all the same.

Since yours was replaced by a body shop, the bumper used is probably formed with all necessary mounting points for whatever car it may end up on.

sgarlic said:
No, I still have the indentation in the bumper where the license plate shape is, but there are hole templates, where as my original bumper didn't have the hole templates.

I just had all the holes already, I didn't do any drilling, I just used those 3 rivets that come in the chin spoiler, and it held the chin spoiler in the exact right spot while I pushed the plastic push pins up in there.

I see.
Yeah, mine has the hole templates too.
That's cool that the holes where already there!