CJ Pony Parts and TMI - Worst Experience Ever!

chris is just "trying" to save some face. nothing will come of his feeble attempt. trust me I know very well how CJ operates. its all about the $$$ with them, they really DO NOT care about the customer at all!!!

Yeah I'm starting to feel what you said is more likely. Emailed them about a part that is out of stock yesterday and still haven't heard back. Just called customer service and it said my wait time was 40 mins or they could call me back in 140 mins which would be past the time they close. So frustrating.

• Sponsors (?)

CJ used to be OK. They used to ship to me in 2 days because i was located in MD. On the weekends we used to jump in our cars and cruise up to PA to go to the store.

The last interaction i had was not so good. They told me a part was " in stock " and wasn't. It had to ship from the manufacturer and took a couple weeks. They did not tell me this before I ordered.

They have really gone down hill since the early 2000s. We used to have so much fun running up there.

They have a wing that i want for the s550....but contacted the manufacturer. Their price is 70 bucks more than CJ with free shipping. I'd rather pay the higher price.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
The last interaction i had was not so good. They told me a part was " in stock " and wasn't. It had to ship from the manufacturer and took a couple weeks. They did not tell me this before I ordered.

This is exactly what happened to me as I stated in an earlier reply in this thread. This is what I ordered, and to this day it still shows "In Stock" "Ships within 24 hours" Took 10 weeks with almost ZERO contact even after I inquired about the status. The reply was simply "our website says 10 weeks".

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users
They called me back this morning about the backordered part. Their website says "expected" in on June 7th. I told them to cancel the order and I just ordered it directly from Steeda who has it in stock already. Sometimes it's easier to cut out the middle man.

Hey Guys -- To be completely transparent, we are currently a bit understaffed in our Customer Service Department and doing everything we can to make sure every customer is taken care of while we hire and train on new representatives. With that said, that's no excuse for how some of you have been treated. If anyone has any current open orders with us and experiencing issues, please send me a private message with your order number and I will seek to it that you're taken care of.

-Chris

Reactions: 2 users
way too many complaints about how customers are treated, and lied to, read their reviews, at least the ones they don't take down. says "in stock" yet takes 10 weeks to get part. if its not in stock, say so!! that being said, I wouldn't buy, or recommend CJ's for anything. better companies out there that actually care about the customer!

I would like to remind everyone now that Chris as responded to this thread, to [first] PM him with your issues and allow at least 2 days for a response.

Come back to this thread an blow it up if you can't find a resolution.

Come back and leave a comment if you do.

Be mindful that if you are the one being 'unreasonable' then you better have your flame suit on.

I completely dig the honest criticism particularly, for vendors that we like and support. They are as much a part of the community as the rest of us!

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
I’m glad I read this post I was seriously going to order seats as well from CJ but forget that not ordering seat covers or ANYTHING from them now!
Sorry to everyone for bad experience but thanks for heads up!

I’m glad I read this post I was seriously going to order seats as well from CJ but forget that not ordering seat covers or ANYTHING from them now!
Sorry to everyone for bad experience but thanks for heads up!
Don't take this thread as a review for cjpp, they are a valued vendor here and to post that you are not going to buy from them because of this thread is unfair to them and does not look good on us. If you chose not to do business with them them please do it silently, we value our vendors as much as our members. If you had or are presently having problems with them than that is different.
i personally have not used them in years, many years at that.
I hope that all involved will respond here with news about how these issues are handled.

...but at the same time. It's your money. You shop with whomever makes you the most comfortable. You should realize however, that [all] companies that serve customers deal with complaints. There are no exceptions.

Just keep it in perspective is all.

I haven't bought a lot from CJ only because it worked out that way. When I started looking for parts for my fox LMR seemed to have the parts. I have a 65 that I'll be working on soon. I've called and talked to the tech service several times and they were helpful. I've had plenty of bad experiences with good companies. All I can say is if what you guys are experiencing with CJ is true i hope that they improve. I like their YouTube videos and haven't been burned. Give the company rep a chance and report back here.

Reactions: 2 users
Chris@CJPP thanks for checking in on this thread. This isn't the only forum that has issues with the " in stock " and " ships within 24 hours " notations on a bunch of stuff that isn't in stock. People see it as false advertising and it is seriously impacting the business there. My order was about 2 years ago when I ran into the same issue.

We know that there are always certain customers that will never be satisfied....or want to see how much they can get off the next order. My case isn't that or anything close.

You guys have a bunch of stuff that other places can't get. There's stuff I'd like to order but I've resorted to trying to contact the vendor because i don't trust the shipping estimates given by y'all. I know it's hard being a middle man...but...it isn't that complicated.

This is a place for you to see exactly how people feel about doing business with CJ Pony. I really would enjoy having that old confidence back. I know its got to be crazy with all the orders, shipments, and issues. Your reputation can be fixed....and it starts with fixing the " in stock " and * ships in 24 hours " on things that aren't in stock at your facility. People will be willing to wait for products at the great prices you offer. Right now people feel suckered into waiting.

You guys have been the best in the past. You guys can be the best again.

This is hard feedback...like tough love. We need you guys to keep offering the stuff we can't find elsewhere at a great price. You need us to keep supporting and growing your business.

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users
I'm not a big CJ customer. I've ordered 4 things in 3 years from them, and 7 orders and $600 from LMR just in the last 2 months, by way of comparison. However, I just went back and reviewed my orders with CJ, remembered all, and I did not have any trouble with any of them.

That said, I believe the criticism in this thread, and I will be wary of ordering from CJ in the future. I will probably do as others above and reach out to CJ & the vendors before ordering anything from them in the future.

Chris@CJPP thanks for checking in on this thread. This isn't the only forum that has issues with the " in stock " and " ships within 24 hours " notations on a bunch of stuff that isn't in stock. People see it as false advertising and it is seriously impacting the business there. My order was about 2 years ago when I ran into the same issue.

This would chap my ass severely. To the point where I call the credit card company directly and stop any and all transactions to/from said company. I know this because I've done it. I have reported a card "stolen" because one bank in particular would not grant my request to stop the charges. I don't do business with that bank anymore either.

People will be willing to wait for products at the great prices you offer. Right now people feel suckered into waiting.

SING IT SISTER! :rock:

I'm not a big CJ customer. I've ordered 4 things in 3 years from them, and 7 orders and $600 from LMR just in the last 2 months, by way of comparison. However, I just went back and reviewed my orders with CJ, remembered all, and I did not have any trouble with any of them.

This has been my experience as well.

Reactions: 1 users
check out the reviews on their FB page. but then again they will delete most of the bad ones. I know first hand

Can't delete from yelp. Smart to check reviews on businesses here. I'll... let it speak for itself.

Update:

Ok so Monday at around noon Colorado time I call CJ again, since I never heard from the sales rep about what is happening. Awhile later, I get a call back from a girl, maybe Katie. She says oh yeah I remember you, I spoke to you last week. Great. Ive had to call that much... So she says the original rep is gone but she will try to find something out for me the next day, good or bad, she promises some kind of answer. She remembers telling me that I was suppose to get an answer last week. Remember, I still have not heard from the rep that was checking into it. I told her it pretty much feels like nobody cares, well except for me, I sure as $hit care.

The next morning I get a tracking number from Fedex for the panels. Two weeks after they received them with a 48 hr RMA repair. Thats around 330ish hours, not 48.

Then I get a call from Katie at CJ with the tracking info. She was so happy for me I didnt have the heart to tell her I got the email an hour ago, she was super nice and very apologetic. Still, nothing from that rep I previously spoke of.

Now, we are at a total of 19 weeks from order date. They are suppose to arrive tomorrow so we will see if they are correct.

Over the last year and a half, I have spent close to $20k on this car which included a Fordstrokers.com Dart 347 Longblock and the rest, small things that need replacing after 26 years. I have been using LMR this entire time but thought Id give CJ a shot. Im disappointed to say the least.

Sometimes Id rather pay more and get great customer service. If I had pull at CJ, Id say this isnt what we are about, here is your money back and keep the panels, its the least we can do. Oh one more thing, we are sorry. I understand that most of this is a TMI issue but get on their a$$ then, fight for the customer. Its about doing the right thing and how people are treated and what kind of service do we provide. What are the things we do when nobody is looking? That how we should judge ourselves.