Classified Scammers?

sonicblue87lx

Jul 1, 2005
Ive post up a few items for people on Stangnet and i have a Good Rating from people. Well Not that long ago i was talking with a guy and we kept emailing back and forth and then he said he was goign to send a moneyorder just he needed my addy. So I sent all my info never heard back from him again.. So It sorta had me thinking.. Well yesterday i get the same type of email from someone saying they will pay with money order or a Cert Check But they want
Name
Addy
Contact Number
Item
Cost

Something didnt seem right at all. If they looked at my item they knew how much it was going to be.
So Just a warning to everyone selling stuff if you come across someone that does this to you as well.
I could be wrong.. But it didnt seem right

• Sponsors (?)

Yea I didnt respond to the email at all. im not taking the chance now. It also worries me to even post things for sale now. i have this list of stuff i want to put up for sale and now im second guessing if i should or not

Think About it. Someone wants your name whre you live your phone number and all of that.. They can use that in some way. Id be worried that someone would try somethign with my person info thats all.

You will probably find that if you respond you will soon start to get just mail and telemarketer phone call.

This is actually a scam to get you contact information, people create these databases of legit addresses and phone numbers. They can the sell them to marketting groups. There was actually a story on date line a few weeks ago about this and how people are making money off of other peoples contact info, and how its getting hard with the anti spam laws and the use of the national do not call list. One person interviews says he gets a large majoraty of contacts from classifieds, because most classifieds include a location, name and phone number. and thats how they get the rest such as address and full name.

Just an FYI

i agree. So far its been good. I bought my mustang from a fellow Stangnet guy. And Ive sold parts to people as well and I have a good feedback. But you always have those people that mess it up for everyone