Climate controll in '66 feedback please!

I have a 66 mustang that I would like to drive A LOT more often, but I live in a place where summers are 110+ degrees and winters are below freezing. I get through it okay with the windows down in the summer, though if I'm going somewhere I have to look nice I cant drive it because I come out with sweat everywhere. However, winters are completely unbearable. Especially because I get out of work late and it's even colder. The short of it is I'm looking to put some climate control in but don't really know where to start. Has anyone done this before on a late model mustang? Where should I be looking for modified heaters and air conditioners? Can it have both? Any tips to make the process easier?

• Sponsors (?)

The stock heater should be fine for winter if it's working properly, the only A/C offered in '66 was underdash, so if you want something that looks better you'll have to go custom.

Have a look at Classic Auto Air or Vintage Air for aftermarket units. They offer complete kits which swap out your old heater box. If you really want climate control, check out Dakota Digital which offer a controller for the Vintage Air units which can do that. The newer a/c units use stepper motors rather than the original control cables. Those units should get your car nice and cool.