Clutch cable just isnt strong enough

blackfang said:
My KC clutch was stiff for the first 200 miles, then felt just like a stock unit, but gripped.

I ran a BBK adj cable and quadrant. My first pass at the track, I stretched my adj cable 6" and since I added the stock oem cable, I have zero issues.

Not doubting you, but I am with randy on this.

Holy, 6".. thats insane.. i just ordered the MM quadrent, so sounds like that should solve my problems... My clutch has about 1500 miles on it now.. so its nice and broken in.. Getting a new cable will have to wait because i just cant afford to spend 100 on a new OEM one when i just bought one about a week ago and already messed it up, so hoseclamps it is for a few weeks!!!!:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Luckily I was able to get my oem one for around 58 bucks. I sure wasnt expecting that to happen halfway down the track.

Did my burnout and got the DR's heated and as I was pulling to the line, clutch felt weird, then I went.
1st felt weird as did 2dn and 3rd and then clutch pedal goes to the floor and I let off.

RandyStinchcomb said:
you-do, why? I never had any issues wth the stock set-up, maybe try adjusting the seat position and strg wheel to suit your needs.

On a lot of the stock ones the engagement point is so low on the pedal that it makes powershifting hard.. On my stocker I had less than 1/2 inch of pedal travel from the floor before the clutch started to let out. ford spec is 2 inches minimum.. If the engagement point is too low you can run into problems with grinding into gears at high rpms and other issues.

You can rig the stock quadrant by manually adjusting it a click or two to bring the clutch engagement point up a little on the pedal. But on my old car I just went with a aftermarket setup with a firewall adjuster.

a stock cable and clutch fork should be fine for his car.. I use stockers in all the cars I have done clutches on and some of those cars were 03+ cobras running big amounts of power with a lot heaver clutch.

If I was him I would check to see if the pivot ball is ok, as I am sure you know the ball wears into the fork over time and can cause issues like this.