Clutch- Centerforce, Ram, Spec???

Ok, so I'm going to be doing a single turbo setup pretty soon, and my motor is out to freshen it up a bit, so I might as well put in a new clutch while my motor is out. My question is--which one? Centerforce, Ram, or Spec. I have heard good stuff about the centerforce clutches, but I don't really know which direction to go with. The car will see mostly street duty with trips to the strip a few times a month. What are you guys running and how do you like them>??

• Sponsors (?)

Another vote for the Spec Stage II....i love it. Its the most precise clutch i have ever felt on a cable type setup. It grabs like crazy and is still streetable enough to drive in traffic every day. The pedal is a little stiff but the action is very precise and predictable! Did i say that it grabs HARD!!

I love Centerforces, that is why I run them, and many of my friends run them...

I would not get a spec, anything higher than Stage I. Centerforces (gold, cf stage II, or df) are nice pieces and are more slippable and have a softer pedal than spec.

Go Centerforce or something else, not spec;)

Another vote for spec. Im running the Stage II and it took me awhile to get use to it being that it was the first car I've drove with n aftermarket clutch. The pedal is pretty hard but it doesn't slip at all under heavy RPM's. Its great for what it was built for but you will lose alittle dailey driver comforts with it.

I do have a very good friend runnig a 347 S/c and NOS kit...he seems VERY pleased with his Mcleaud (sorry spelling on this item likely wrong)..seems this is a highly durable kevlar coated pc for high end power cars like your turbo would be. Sorry I am not familiar with the classes of these clutches, but I'm quite sure they have a tech line available to set you on the right coarse.

I was just being a turd with the whole McLeod thing-I know the spec's are pretty popular, but I've seen a couple of folks on here that were displeased with the lack of customer service from spec...

McLeod dual disc is a great setup, but it's super expensive-somewhere in the $800+ range, I think...

Spec SUCKS!!!! I have had a stage one for about 10,000 miles it is horrible very grabby chatters unless your carefull very hard pedal and to top it all off it blew today. And i dont even beat on my car I drive like a old lady. What should I get now im thinking King cobra I want something that i can drive everyeay and stil holds well

I thinks its funny how two people can have completely opposite opinions about the same product. Some people run Spec/Centerforce clutches and love them, others think they are junk.

I haven't heard anything bad about the Mcleod DF, I would also call Wally at Promotion and have him set you up with one them, they know their stuff and wouldn't sell junk.