Clutch kit for my 83 Mustang 5.0 - 10" vs 10.5"

Voxstang

Apr 13, 2022
Bozeman, MT
I am looking at replacing the clutch and flywheel on my 83 Mustang 5.0 manual as it has some issues. Now, while going through the threads I see a lot of recommendations for the 10.5" clutch kit like the one's here:

and

Is it an easy swap? I'm going to assume that my car has the stock 10" disc. When I do a search with my car model it only shows up 10" disc which I believe changed fro 10.5 in 86.

Do I just get the flywheel from either AZ or Rockauto at the same time? Any flywheel recommendations?

Thank you!

• Sponsors (?)

Please ignore my earlier post. I did some research and it does seem to be an easy replacement. I went ahead and ordered the clutch kit and flywheel from Rockauto.
I had the 10" in my 83 rebuilt by a clutch shop and used a new 26spline ( TKX) disc, throwout, pilot....... It was OEM and I wanted to re use it...
If you are going to use a new fork, I found a heavy duty one on EBAY, I think the seller is BlueOval ... The metal was about 50% thicker.......

Last edited:
I had the 10" in my 83 rebuilt by a clutch shop and used a new 26spline ( TKX) disc, throwout, pilot....... It was OEM and I wanted to re use it...
If you are going to use a new fork, I found a heavy duty one on EBAY, I think the seller is BlueOval ... The metal was about 50% thicker.......
Thanks! I'll look into the fork. Is this the right listing - https://www.ebay.com/itm/3715266933...d=link&campid=5335821607&toolid=20001&mkevt=1 it's from Blueovalindustries.