Clutch pedal stiffness

Back when I still had my King cobra clutch, I added a new quadrant and adjustable cable (the cable was not by choice). After the installation of these parts, the clutch pedal became extremely stiff all the time.

Just a couple weeks ago I replaced the king cobra with a spec stage 1. This made the pedal a bit less stiff, but only after driving it for about 10 minutes. Now everytime I drive my car, the pedal is extremely stiff for about the first 10 minutes. After that, it feels like butter which is what I want.

My question is, is the adjustable cable making the pedal this stiff? It was never stiff until I added the cable and quadrant, but I don't think the quadrant is the problem here. I have seen that clutch linkage kit on 50resto with the stock cable and clutch fork for $62. Should I invest in this? Will it even help my problem? My left leg is killing me!

• Sponsors (?)

The binding common to adjustable cables is often due to misplacement of the adjusting nuts on the fork end of the cable. Both nuts should be on the back side of the fork so that the domed nut faces the fork and the other nut serves as jam or locknut to the domed nut.

that's how my cable is.my original cable broke due to that problem created by the moron that started the 5.0 conversion that i had to finish.my cable is even routed the factory way,it's just hard to push but as long as the cable doesn't brake i'm not to concerned.

jrichker said:
The binding common to adjustable cables is often due to misplacement of the adjusting nuts on the fork end of the cable. Both nuts should be on the back side of the fork so that the domed nut faces the fork and the other nut serves as jam or locknut to the domed nut.

So are you saying this problem can be fixed by adjusting the nuts on the fork end of the cable?

MustangMulch said:
So are you saying this problem can be fixed by adjusting the nuts on the fork end of the cable?

If both nuts are not on the back side of the clutch fork, they should be. One nut provides the adjustment and the other nut locks the first nut so that it does not move. The tension on the cable holds it in place.