Clutch Talk, Bolt On Stangers.

xtweakerx

Feb 26, 2007
Jupiter,FL
well my track is finally about to re-open after being closed for re-construction.

I haven't ran since I've gotten:
4:10's, Upper & lower Control arms, Under drive pullies.

Previous best was 13.20 @ 105mph w/ intake+93 tune+off-road pipe+flows.

Wondering how long my stock clutch could last racing w/ my mods and if and when it does go, what Clutch/flywheel setup would be good to go too?

The only other thing i may do some day is spray 75-100shot of nitrous as an FYI to plan for future clutch.

I still need to get an aftermarket shifter some day and focus a lil money onto appearance, but hey let me know your thoughts.:shrug:

thx!:hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

i have the spec II plus with an aluminum fidanza flywheel and love it. it feels better than stock in traffic, but grabs well at higher rpm launches. i have have made 322 at the wheels and my clutch started slipping at about 20,000mi. i was tossed between the DFX and this one, but i talked to Brenspeed and chose to go with the spec and i could not be happier. good luck.

brenspeed does not sell the flywheel, i got it from advance auto parts. i get a discount there so it was about 350. i always have had good luck with the fidanza. and i like how you can change the friction portion of it once it gets worn.
i think the cheapest you will find it is from summitracing.com. here is the link

Fidanza 186551 - Fidanza Billet Aluminum Flywheels - summitracing.com

i have not run it since i got it installed. i went overseas right about the time it was broke in. i hope to do it soon. it might be my imagation, but it feels like the motor revvs faster.

i am not sure about what most people think but i have heard both schools of thought.

1. with a N/A motor you should stay with steel, because the added weight increases the rotating mass which in turn get the car out of the hole faster.

2. weight with these cars is a serious enemy, so try to lighten stuff as much as possible.

i decided to go with the second

but get as many opinions as possible. to tell you the truth, i like it when people tell me what not to get. i think it gives you a better idea.

good luck

ciao
ken