Cobra Brake Booster Source

Stroked88

Nov 13, 2005
Where are people getting their Cobra brake boosters? I see Cardone makes one for around $100 but at times their quality sucks. How does the LMR Cobra booster compare at over twice the price? Is it worth it or is there even another option?

I know I am stretching it but does anyone sell a powder coated one?

• Sponsors (?)

Is this the cobra booster that you had to hammer the strut tower to make fit? You know... the one that came with cobra brake kit back in the day. What brakes did 1993 cobras have that required a special booster?

if you want to use an oem booster, a 94-95 booster or a 99-04 v6 booster will work.

You'll need to retain the 4 booster nuts as the sn95 booster stud threads are metric while foxes are SAE.

Also, one stud is offset differently so you'll need to drill a new hole.

Thanks Cobra231, that's what I was hoping for. Reasonably priced and not Cardone.

I need the Cobra booster because I am installing the Mustang Cobra front and rear brake setup that North Racecars sells. When doing this the extra vacuum assist of the larger Cobra booster is needed or the pedal pressure will be too hard.

I ordered mine from Rockauto.com. The only thing i wish odd that i would've painted it before i pout it in. It was a PITA but worth it. I shortened the studs by about 1/4 inch and lightly beat the strut tower with a BFH.

It's alot easier if you have the front seat removed and someone there telling you which way to go to get it in. It's a cardone but it turned out pretty good.... just paint it.

Screenshot_20180305-120335.png

Thanks Cobra231, that's what I was hoping for. Reasonably priced and not Cardone.

I need the Cobra booster because I am installing the Mustang Cobra front and rear brake setup that North Racecars sells. When doing this the extra vacuum assist of the larger Cobra booster is needed or the pedal pressure will be too hard.
That is the same set up I went with and I also have the 93 cobra master cylinder.

The reason I'm not giving Cardone any love is that I have had some bad experiences with with their boosters in the past. I purchased one for another vehicle where the core was beat to heck. Lots of digs everywhere. It worked but not for my Mustang. I want one in decent shape. I know the next one might be fine however but I am willing to spend a little more to ensure this.

Also bought a rear set of Eldorado calipers with ebrake from Cardone. One worked while the other the ebrake was locked up. I tried to repair it but ended up getting another different one. I wasn't impressed with the core or the quality of the parts they reused like the piston. My replacement IIRC was an Orielly house brand but the core was in good shape and the piston didn't look like it was reused or at least it wasn't beat up like the Cardone.

I am going with the one Cobra231 showed. I know it might just be a relabeled Cardone but I am willing to take that chance. I know these brakes are going to rock either way :rock:

I wish I had painted my booster while it was new in the box. It’s only a few months old and never seen rain and already has surface rust. Guess that’s something Else for the to do list.

Reactions: 1 user
Well I received my American Muscle Cobra booster and it is a Cardone. Oh well now I know. Good thing is its in great shape and I am happy. Looks like Cardone is the only one making these.

Yes they are remanufactured by Cardone. Looks like they are the only game in town when it comes to these boosters. Like I said at least mine was in good shape. I've had some parts from Cardone remanufactured with some pretty beat up cores in the past. I consider myself lucky this time.