Cobra Brake Booster Source

The only time I've exoerienced that was when i installed a sn95 booster for a customer. The rod coming out of the booster has the hole straight instead of offset. The rod was catching on the body on the bosster about 3/4 down.

brake booster comparison3.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I just painted my booster, too. These days I typically either scrub with a rinse-off degreaser (like Simple Green) and an abrasive pad or I sand blast metal parts before I paint them. Gotta have that shiz sparkling clean before paint.

With that said, I still get frustrated with the durability (or lack thereof) of spray paint... I really need to get into powder coating.

20180311_185324.jpg

The only time I've exoerienced that was when i installed a sn95 booster for a customer. The rod coming out of the booster has the hole straight instead of offset. The rod was catching on the body on the bosster about 3/4 down.

brake booster comparison3.jpg

The straight ones are known for binding.

94-95 and 99-04 v6 boosters should be curved like the fox. It's the 96-98 v6 boosters that are straight and should not be used

Reactions: 1 user
How many inches of movement are we talking? Your pedal rod may be at a bad angle or have a flat spot, check the rod and stud were it connects to the pedal when you go to install the other booster
The sticky spot is about A third of the way down. when I bench tested the booster when it was out of the car after I took it out it does the same thing. it’s not hanging up on anything it’s not my pedal or anything like that. The old master cylinder does not do that it is smooth but I needed the upgrade because I just put bear brakes on my car and did a five lug swap. just posted because I wondered if anyone else had bunk parts from being rebuilt by Cardone. I have heard mixed reviews on their parts.

I just painted my booster, too. These days I typically either scrub with a rinse-off degreaser (like Simple Green) and an abrasive pad or I sand blast metal parts before I paint them. Gotta have that shiz sparkling clean before paint.

With that said, I still get frustrated with the durability (or lack thereof) of spray paint... I really need to get into powder coating.

20180311_185324.jpg
Well that looks good to me. Mine didn’t come out flawless but good enough. It looks glossy and with all that mess of wiring in that corner I don’t think you can tell. I did end up scuffing it a little trying to squeeze back into its home but you can’t tell since it’s on the backside of it.