Cobra Brake Booster!!!

rflow50

Jun 18, 2005
TX
My friend and I did the 5 lug conv. on my mustang last week, I got my conversion kit from 5.0 Resto. I put 73mm rotors with hawk brake pads in front and for the back i just put regular brakes with the drums for the moment. I also got a new master cyilinder, but i would like to change my brake booster. I am looking into the 93 Cobra Brake Booster but where can i get this booster. Any help is appreciated. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

You would be hard pressed to find an Original 93 Cobra Booster. Cardon makes Reman. units and that is what Ford puts in its M2300K kit. If upgrading the Booster, I think it is the best choice as the threads are in the same location as stock and they have the same thread pitch, so you dont have to purchase new nuts.

I am pretty sure Autozone or Advanced Auto carries them as Cardon is the only company that remans 93 Cobra Boosters. I may have spelled it wrong as it is either Cardon or Cardone, I think its the first one though.

i got my master cylinder from Advance Auto parts an the brand in Bendix, i asked them about the booster and they told me that they didn't carry them. I went to Auto Zone and I compare the part number form the 93 GT and the 93 Cobra and they are the same. In my opinion i think that the part numbers should be diffrent.

I typed in Cardone in Google and clicked on the first listing which was rockauto. I looked up a 93 Cobra Booster and it had P/N 5473155, it is different than what is listed for a GT. You can call the part stores to check if they carry Cardone parts and then take that P/N with you or you can just get it from one of the places listed. Good Luck on your project!

BTW the cost was like $84

STARBREAKER said:
Dont you have to hammer the crap out of side of the engine bay to get the Cobra booster to fit?

The earlier Foxes require a bit of hammering or actually cutting a section out and welding another in. I got mine in by elongating a couple of the holes and hammering 1 small bump on the strut tower.