Cobra Bumper Insert Factory Install

I see. Apparently they are not all the same. I like the way that one mounts.

The Cervini's one has no provision like that, so you are using double stick tape and a couple screws in the corner. I never had the warm and fuzzies about it being as secure
mine attached like that, its been on since 06/07, so it works fine. just have to be careful about how you line it up since with a good tape you almost have to be perfect cause it aint moving.

• Sponsors (?)

NPD sells a reproduction of the OE inserts. No rear retainer bracket however

https://www.npdlink.com/store/products/grille_insert_cobra-165132-0.html

Part number M-8200-8A

They also have the chrome and a black pony
IMG_6180.jpg

Still debating installing mine....

Before and after pics would be sweet.

I am doubting the claim that this has a significant impact on cooling to anyone with a fan shroud already installed. If I had a low mounted after-cooler, I don't think I would do this mod but again: I'm not sure that it has a major impact. The negative pressure behind the radiator makes more of a difference.

agreed, i did the ranger air damn mod under the front of my car, supposed to add down force. apart from looking good the fan almost never runs at all anymore when im at or above 35 mph.

I did the one from a Bronco but same results as far as cooling went. On the 86, the down force improvement on the nose was VERY noticeable. All of the bobbing and weaving in excess of 100 mph just disappeared. Something else that took me a bit longer to realize was that I wasn't being pushed sideways by trucks at highway speed anymore. It was significantly reduced. Granted, some of that effect has to do with how the inducted cowl hood works too.

I actually just messaged a guy on ebay with a junk lx bumper, and he is going to cut the grille area off leaving plenty of excess material for me. Will save me shipping instead of buying a whole bumper. The plan is in action fellas.

Keep in mind I have an '03 Cobra lower grafted onto my car already... But basically its similar to fox Saleens. LX grille with a lower valance. Always liked that look.

Reactions: 1 user
Surprised no one mentioned a grill bar delete kit...

I may go this route....with a mustang horse in the center.

Screenshot_20180227-202102.png

Reactions: 1 user
I'm honestly not a fan of the total grill delete. Too many years of looking at LX bumpers so it just doesn't look right

Of course, would be cool if someone managed to float a running pony in there like the 03/04 Mach 1 grill