• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

Cobra Intake Installed.

  • Thread starter Thread starter SN95StangMan
  • Start date Start date Aug 12, 2004

SN95StangMan

New Member
Jul 5, 2003
1,292
0
0
Lynwood, CA
Aug 12, 2004
#1
  • Aug 12, 2004
  • #1
Well, after having a few minor setbacks(bad o-ring, leaky EGR, Rough Idle, etc. ) I finally got the car running pretty good. The car feels a lot different up top. It keeps pulling all the way to the stock shift points, ~5200. The idle is still a little low, but I can live with it.

It was a little wierd seing my car in pieces like this.



I promise I'll clean up the engine bay sometime in the future.
 

RIO5.0

15 Year Member
Feb 16, 2001
6,892
8
128
N.H.
Aug 12, 2004
#2
  • Aug 12, 2004
  • #2
Cool..Its running again....Looking at your pics it unbelievable all the junk these engine have....

Are those the stock OEM plug wires on there??? I see there numbered....
 

SN95StangMan

New Member
Jul 5, 2003
1,292
0
0
Lynwood, CA
Aug 12, 2004
#3
  • Aug 12, 2004
  • #3
Theyre Motorcraft plug wires. The previous owner had done a complete tune up before I bought the car, so I'm guessing theyre not the original plug wires.
 
W

wytstang

Mustang Master
Mar 14, 2004
4,988
4
78
Summerville,SC missing South Fl. weather :(
Aug 12, 2004
#4
  • Aug 12, 2004
  • #4
Looks good under their. I have always like the way the cobra intakes looked. When I did mine I liked the way it pulled up top as well. Good job
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

8
Engine Rough idle and aggressive sputtering when accelerating
  • 88vertible
  • Aug 13, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Dec 13, 2025
Jarhead67
J
SURGING IDLE / NO IDLE CHECKLIST FOR 1996–1998 MUSTANG GT (4.6L 2V) - Work In Progress
  • Noobz347
  • Aug 30, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
932
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2025
Noobz347
SURGING IDLE / NO IDLE CHECKLIST FOR 1999–2004 MUSTANG GT (4.6L 2V) - Work In Progress
  • Noobz347
  • Aug 30, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
1K
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2025
Noobz347
5
Hello Everyone !
  • 5150K
  • Jul 3, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
0
Views
141
The Welcome Wagon Jul 3, 2026
5150K
5
G
2006 Mustang GT o2 Sensor Wiring Issue Car Bogging/Choking
  • GCantero93
  • Sep 5, 2025
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
4
Views
1K
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Sep 6, 2025
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?