Cobra intake or trickflow street heat intake

95mustang_gt

Mar 30, 2005
Wisconsin
Well i need to decide on what intake to keep.I have a cobra intake that is what I understand to be stage 3 ported,that is already in my car.I bought a trickflow street intake off ebay the other day.But now Im having second thoughts. I know the cobra intake can be a good intake when its ported and better then the street heat intake.So what should i do guys keep the cobra intake or put the trickflow intake on.Also the the trickflow intake is polished.The mods i have are in my sig.I could sale the trickflow intake and put it towards something better.well let me know

thanks
Jesse

• Sponsors (?)

Well i need to decide on what intake to keep.I have a cobra intake that is what I understand to be stage 3 ported,that is already in my car.I bought a trickflow street intake off ebay the other day.But now Im having second thoughts. I know the cobra intake can be a good intake when its ported and better then the street heat intake.So what should i do guys keep the cobra intake or put the trickflow intake on.Also the the trickflow intake is polished.The mods i have are in my sig.I could sale the trickflow intake and put it towards something better.well let me know

thanks
Jesse

True, the oem Cobra has the potential to out flow after market intakes

If you start with an after market intake and port it

Well ... to my way of thinking

I'll stick with my Edel or any other after market intake

Grady

For now my guess would be to stay with the cobra, especially if saving money is an issue. I know you already have the TFS intake, so you could sell it and put money toward other mods.

I see what you mean.Is it stupid to mix the intake and heads up?Is it good to have the intake matched with the heads.(eddy intake with eddy heads or trickflow intake with trickheads).

thanks

I don't see any problem with mixing up combo parts :nono:
as long as they compliment each other for the desired outcome :nice:

Many 300rwhp NA combos have h/c/i from different companies ;)

Not to say anything is wrong with the new kid on the block combo .....
which is the TFS kit

Grady

personaly, i like the cobra intake. my cobra intake is port matched to the AFR heads and while i make a couple less peak horsepower than the same combos with an edlebrockor other comparable intake, my torque curve is broader that most i've seen

personaly, i like the cobra intake. my cobra intake is port matched to the AFR heads and while i make a couple less peak horsepower than the same combos with an edlebrockor other comparable intake, my torque curve is broader that most i've seen

Thats because your crane cam is designed for mid range torque. A lot of the cams you see in here are designed with strip application in mind. I would blame that before I blamed your intake.

It seems that in my research, a TFS Street Heat, Cobra, and Eddie Performer are all around the same. The reason I went Street Heat when I did my combo is that 1 - it costs less, 2 - Its already machined to accept 75mm throttle bodies 3 - If I ever get money I can swap a track heat upper on in about 40 minutes and 4 - The best adapter elbow you can get for a 94-95 upper intake is the trick flow elbow anyway.

I don't know what the heck a Stage 3 port job is so you are on your own there. I'd venture to guess that a ported Cobra would outflow a stock street heat.

Adam