Cobra rear brakes on Fox body

92MNstanger

Founding Member
Nov 8, 2001
Minnesota
I need some help with sourcing some parts. (I did a search on the forum and couldn't find specifics)

I would like to see some nice pictures of Cobra rears so I know what I am looking for.

Here is what I think I need;
-11.65" vented rotors
-SN95 rear caliper w/ cobra pads
-Bracket for attaching caliper to axle (cobra specific??)
-five lug axles from a Ranger
-anti moans, dust shields, e brake cables

Any pictures would help a lot. THX

• Sponsors (?)

would this be what I need?
REAR BRAKE BRACKET KIT
[M-2300-M] From $189.00

http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com...d=923&osCsid=6f60714ab4a135affc43bf119129de51

REAR BRAKE BRACKET KIT
M-2300-M*

Used to install Cobra rear calipers on 1994-04 Mustang GT. Kit includes 11.65” rotors, caliper mounting brackets, moan braces, dust shields, and dust shield boots.

This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 29 April, 2004.

So if I wanted to keep the ranger axles I would Have to use these brackets...

Is there another bracket I need to attach the caliper to the axle??

Attachments

• brackwithhardware.jpg
    brackwithhardware.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 299
92MNstanger said:
So if I wanted to keep the ranger axles I would Have to use these brackets...

Is there another bracket I need to attach the caliper to the axle??

Yup, if you want to use the ranger axles use that bracket.

There's another small bracket you'll need. Not sure if it comes with the calipers. It's a small U-shaped bracket that attached to the caliper and then bolts to the two mounting locations there.

Unfortunately i can't tell from the pic. It looks like you are pointing to the anti-moan bracket.

Can you find a picture of the calipers? I can tell right away if the bracket comes with them

If you want to run the ranger axles you will have to a North Cobra bracket. Call Rich @ 816-436-1610. He works for North Race cars and knows everything you will need for your Ranger axle swap.

5o5speed said:
If you want to run the ranger axles you will have to a North Cobra bracket. Call Rich @ 816-436-1610. He works for North Race cars and knows everything you will need for your Ranger axle swap.

I actually talked to him today, he is awesome and helped alot. thx

Rich at north cobras is great he sent the brackets to me before I even sent him the money.The gt calipers will work but you will need cobra caliper brackets or you will need to modify the gt ones to fit the cobra vented rotor I had to cut and grind about a 1/4 out of the gt bracket.Also check out discbrakesrus.com they sell conversion kits at pretty good prices witht he calipers powdercoated.You will also have to change your mastr cylinder and proportioning valve .Also check out this site he helped me alot and sent me everything I needed for the proportioning valve.http://mjbobbitt.home.comcast.net/mustang/product.html