Engine Code 29 vehicle speed sensor question

91GTstroked

15 Year Member
Jun 14, 2007
Hey guys,

I decided to check codes today on my scanner. I got codes 29 and 33. The egr is deleted so I'm not worried about that one. Now my car does NOT have cruise control, and I have a autometer speedometer along with there hall affect speed sensor.

Link below.

Is this something I need to look further into?

I bought the car this spring. I fixed a few things here and there. I recently found a few harness clips that are broken. I have a spare injector harness that I might swap some connectors over or buy the whole new harness from LMR.

Mild 306 hci.
T5 transmission
cobra IRS

IMG_20191009_201752924_zpsn8d2bzfx.jpg

IMG_20190829_013705315_zpsimnytf4j.jpg

IMG_20190908_070934636_zpsgz2l0gd0.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

If the sensor is still in the trans and the gear is still there you likely can just plug it in so the computer reads it's there, if not I think it will make no difference. If the autometer sensor is installed where the old cable is then you will just have a code and likely will affect nothing.

Reactions: 1 user
If the sensor is still in the trans and the gear is still there you likely can just plug it in so the computer reads it's there, if not I think it will make no difference. If the autometer sensor is installed where the old cable is then you will just have a code and likely will affect nothing.
Thanks that is what I was wondering.

Stock sensor is variable reluctor. The ECU is unable to use the Hall effect sensor.

The ECU uses the speed sensor to determine when the car is slowing down. When it fails, a common issue is the engine will stall out when coming to a stop.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user