Code 92 question - searched it no luck - please help

Tkicker182

Jul 22, 2005
At my house
Ok...I got a dyno tune and they said I was running lean so they bumped the fuel pressure up. Sure enough I got home and pulled codes and got 91 and 41 which means I'm running lean. I fixed the problem (forgot to re-attach the 02 ground) and now I get the code 92 which I guess means I'm running rich. Is this because they increased the fuel pressure to compensate for when I was lean or is it something else? thanks in advance for any replies.

• Sponsors (?)

TJM, I dont mean to offend, but you might want to use a more complete source for codes. :nice:

TK, you had an issue, fixed it presumably, and now spit a new code. That is all there is to it.

I would clear the KAM and note what new codes, if any, occur.

Good luck.

Tkicker182 said:
I cleared the codes after I ran them. Then I drove around the block and it only spit out a 92. By the way...what does KAM stand for. I assume it has to do with the computer memory.
KAM = Keep Alive Memory. You are correct.

Now this makes sense. So you had a code 91 before. You fixed the issue and now you have code 92. If the code 91 was a continuous code before, it could have simply meant that the O2 was not switching at all. Now it is working, but reading high (rich). How is your milage?

Good luck.

I don't know how my milage is becuase I have only gone through about a quarter tank of gas since I fixed the lean code. And before then I was getting around 16-19. I have an AFPR that the guys at the dyno opened up more because they said I was running lean but at the time I didn't know the O2's weren't working properly. So I was thinking I would just turn it back down and see if the rich condition goes away. I figured I would post here though before going to buy a fuel pressure gauge because I don't have one and wanted to make sure my hypothesis was logical before spending any money.

sounds okay to me... you changed one thing to try and fix a problem that was cuased by something else... that somehting else was fixed and now the fuel pressure's too high causing a rich condition... the logic is all but perfect

slap a fp gauge on that baby and set her to your liking

If the FP is within reason, the puter will adaprt the injector pulsewidth to get to stoich. It just takes a little time for the puter to adapt.

If it cant adapt, it should toss a code.

Good luck.

HISSIN50 said:
TJM, I dont mean to offend, but you might want to use a more complete source for codes. :nice:

TK, you had an issue, fixed it presumably, and now spit a new code. That is all there is to it.

I would clear the KAM and note what new codes, if any, occur.

Good luck.

No offence taken. I searched high and low and that's the only list of codes I could find.

tjm73 said:
No offence taken. I searched high and low and that's the only list of codes I could find.
Here is a list which is a little more complete. The repair manual should also have a list in the emissions chapter. :nice: