Code P0190: Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit Malfunction

helty

some Ukrainian's enjoying a handjob via my credit
Mar 30, 2005
Baltimore, MD
Threw this code last night on my last pass at the track. The car runs fine (I HAD to drive it home).

I have no pinging, no evil sounds coming from under the hood, just that scary CEL :(

Someone over on MPH said "car is running lean. very bad". But didnt care to elaborate. I could really use some insight on this.

thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

does that car have a KB BAP? of is the stock pump being run with a BAP? if it doesn't have a BAP get one, ASAP - same goes for if it's running the stock pump, get something in there, like a svt focus pump, GT single pump - fast.

& they were right, it is lean, very lean. i had this happen on my way to MPH to get something once. needless to say i did the install in the parking lot, cause it freaked me out.

if it does have a BAP & everything is right, start checking fuel supplies - injectors, filter, pump

thanks for the reply. It has an SVT Focus pump that comes with the Mongoose kit.

Im thinking, maybe* I saw more than 10lbs of boost @ WOT bc it was rather cold out, and that caused the lean condition. Is that a possibility?

Thanks

helty said:
thanks for the reply. It has an SVT Focus pump that comes with the Mongoose kit.

Im thinking, maybe* I saw more than 10lbs of boost @ WOT bc it was rather cold out, and that caused the lean condition. Is that a possibility?

Thanks

it's definately a possibility. if it were me, i'd get the bap, & then forget about it ;)

So how lean are we talking about here? Literly draining the fuel rails of pressure so that the sensor cant sence any pressure?

I THINK if it were that lean @ WOT, his motor would be in a million pieces. But weird things happen.

Helty, do you not have a fuel pressure gauge? Thats the only gauge I bought (for now) LOL...VERY important. Mine has a LED that lights up if the pressure gets below whatever I set the lowpoint to.

hotmustang331 said:
So how lean are we talking about here? Literly draining the fuel rails of pressure so that the sensor cant sence any pressure?

I THINK if it were that lean @ WOT, his motor would be in a million pieces. But weird things happen.

Helty, do you not have a fuel pressure gauge? Thats the only gauge I bought (for now) LOL...VERY important. Mine has a LED that lights up if the pressure gets below whatever I set the lowpoint to.
yeah, I have a fuel pressure guage but the damn thing never works. when the hood is closed it crimps the wires coming from the fuel rail sensor. :mad:

car runs fine, i may throw it on the dyno friday to check the A/F @ WOT. what really sucks is we have a trip to memphis planned to hit MMR for TNT, and now I wont be able to run :(

thanks guys