CODES got a few questions

1fast95stang

May 19, 2008
Have a 95 mustang and got a 118 code which means my coolant is at -40 degrees we all know thats not true. On my car i have two coolant sensors one is just for my temp guage and the other is for the fans to tell them when to kick on. The temp gauge is unhooked so i could wire a new one. With code 118 what sensor is it talking about.

Also i have had my car dyno tuned for the procharger and had a chip burned. So i know im getting the right air fuel mixture. Then why would i get 173 and a 176

Last a 212 i have no idea what an ignition module circut failure is

hopefully someone can help

• Sponsors (?)

Have a 95 mustang and got a 118 code which means my coolant is at -40 degrees we all know thats not true. On my car i have two coolant sensors one is just for my temp guage and the other is for the fans to tell them when to kick on. The temp gauge is unhooked so i could wire a new one. With code 118 what sensor is it talking about.

Also i have had my car dyno tuned for the procharger and had a chip burned. So i know im getting the right air fuel mixture. Then why would i get 173 and a 176

Last a 212 i have no idea what an ignition module circut failure is

hopefully someone can help

the one on the front passenger side is bad , replace it , and it might cure all your problems

when you say the one in the passenger side are you talking about the cooling temp or the o2 sensor. If your talking about the coolant temp, could that be the reason my fans didnt kick on once and it over heated??

got a new temp sensor and got that problem fixed. doesn anyone know about the 212 code about the ignition module. where do i start???

My code book gives a slightly different definition. 212 is described as "loss of ignition diagnostic monitor signal/SPOUT circuit grounded".

I would clear all the codes, make sure the SPOUT is in place and run the car and see if the code reappears.