Codes

rotorhead22

Dec 17, 2020
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I have a 89 LX which has a very rich exhaust smell. I installed a after market gauge cluster so the maintenance light is disconnected. I have read some articles about clearing codes and using a light to read codes from a connector by the fire wall however I’m not sure which two pins to jump for this process

• Sponsors (?)

Reactions: 1 user
Code reader with key on had 11, 10 car running just produced a "cylinder 8" so looking at my plug wires, #6 boot was on the plug end but not all the way on which smoothed out my idle. Now i dont have the cam I thought I had. Theoretically how long should I drive the beast in order to get any readings after completely dumping the stored codes? I dumped all of the old codes due to the fact I purchased the car over a year ago and it wasn't running when I got it (dead TPI) so time to start fresh.

Rotor head, do you have a Harley? You look like one of my bro's from the past....
DSCF0871.JPG

I didnt realize that I had to adjust the new BBK throttle body. It was in a box in the trunk with no instructions so I slapped it on and the car ran. Little did I know until now that it had to be adjusted with the AIC disconnected. New O2 sensors, idle adjustment, TPS check, timing check, and a 50 mile drive shortly

Reactions: 1 users