Coilover Question- Are Dampeners Neccessary?

Is it okay to run coilovers without dampeners for cornering?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I was supercharging my car and decided to swap out my K member and a arms for some tubular ones from UPR. Basically, because of this, I need to go to a coil over setup on the front. Only problem is, I don't plan on this being a full on DRAG mustang, I want it to corner pretty well (for a mustang) and such. I know a lot of coilover setups have dampeners in the kit that go in place of where the spring used to go on the stock a arms, but the new UPR ones don't have a spring perch. Is it okay to run coilovers without dampeners? Here are the A arms: http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-pro-series-chrome-moly-a-arms-sway-bar-mount-94.html

Thanks in advance :)

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I was supercharging my car and decided to swap out my K member and a arms for some tubular ones from UPR. Basically, because of this, I need to go to a coil over setup on the front. Only problem is, I don't plan on this being a full on DRAG mustang, I want it to corner pretty well (for a mustang) and such. I know a lot of coilover setups have dampeners in the kit that go in place of where the spring used to go on the stock a arms, but the new UPR ones don't have a spring perch. Is it okay to run coilovers without dampeners? Here are the A arms: http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-pro-series-chrome-moly-a-arms-sway-bar-mount-94.html

Thanks in advance :)
Hello Camron I have the answer for your questions.
I too have changed my front K-member to a Road Racing tubular one with road racing brace and wanted to change out the suspension but not spend an arm and a leg. UPR is mainly Drag; if you want more all around then go for a wide kit company like I did and go for the EIBACH Pro Kit. With that setup I have been able to out corner alot of cobras, camaros, and corvettes. Every now and then i'll taunt a EVO through turns.
check out their kits because they have a huge selection. Let me know what happens and good luck