Engine Cold Start Issues - 86 GT

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I have to say, I am surprised the engine is not as detailed as the rest of that ride.
A 'dirty tb' ? Really?
You should be ashamed :nono:
Oh, wait...... You're the boss...... Crap!
I guess I can forget about that raise

Well, I have to say, I am surprised the engine is not as detailed as the rest of that ride.
A 'dirty tb' ? Really?
You should be ashamed :nono:
Oh, wait...... You're the boss...... Crap!
I guess I can forget about that raise

Heh!

I had decided to leave the engine alone because it's a solid running vehicle, trying to keep it as original as possible. This vehicle has been in my 'family' since new. It was my second cousins car, a female teacher and was not a ragged out vehicle at all, obviously. I figure for me or whomever ends up driving it, it's not going to be a DD and if the engine is solid, why crack it open.

The only thing I would say left to do is an R134 conversion for A/C, but again as a fair weather driver I have not put much thought into doing that.

I have the TB and EGR all cleaned up, just waiting on a gasket tomorrow. What was weird was the gasket between the TB and EGR was a solid form, not open like others which was allowing gasket material to be exposed in the coolant areas are of the EGR. There is corrosion on the studs so you can tell the water was getting to them.

No, the gasket was solid accept for the 4 bolt holes and center air inlet was solid. This is the Felpro gasket I ordered, but the one on the car was solid where the water jackets are.

shopping.png