Compression fittings on fuel line

Boostedpimp

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
May 8, 2003
NJ
My 93 coupe was nice enough to grace me with 93 octane all over my driveway last week. Turns out I have a pin hole in the feed line back by the filter which shoots a steady fine stream of fuel across to the filter/tank area which then drips and splashes onto the tail pipes. Car isn't a daily driver or anything but has full 2.5" exhaust, lowered and is efi so obviously a stretch of fuel line and clamps wouldn't be an option for me. I was however leaning towards a compression fitting. Whats everyone's experience with compression fittings used on fuel hard lines? I'm assuming it wouldn't equate to instant death and would be safe enough to run. I know the best option would be spend the four hundo on new lines but i'd rather not at this time.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Ive used compression fittings on hard fuel lines. They work well. The place not to use them is on brake lines.... but the pressure difference is about 1000+ psi. Make sure both lines are clean and have at it. You should be go to go.

Ive used compression fittings on hard fuel lines. They work well. The place not to use them is on brake lines.... but the pressure difference is about 1000+ psi. Make sure both lines are clean and have at it. You should be go to go.

Although I wouldn't use them on brake lines either, I have used them at work when I pressure test various vessels up to 70k psi. I find they hold quite well and it's usually the line that ends up rupturing. But I've installed them hand tight and they held to 10-15k psi without leaks.

Reactions: 1 user