Considering BBK 70 TB to Accufab 65 swap...opinions

MH88'Notch

Founding Member
Feb 11, 2002
Delta, B.C., Canada
Hi, I've got an 88 Mustang with an all Trickflow setup. Right now the car has a BBK/Edlebrock 70mm TB on it, which whistles and sticks a bit off idle. I was considering switching to a 65mm Accufab which I can get a really good deal on. I was thinking this might give a better throttle response and should still flow enough at WOT to give the same amount of power on my NA setup.

Just wanted some opinions...:D

• Sponsors (?)

you would be suprised what a 65mm will flow, I have seen some motors on a dyno pushing some nice #'s with a 65mm TB and probally still had some flow left. I have heard alot of good things about the ford racing TB no sticking or whistling, they come polished with sensor for around $170 brand new. either way you would be happy with the 65.

I just don't see the logic in it. Why downgrade? Save your money, the “sticking” can be fixed with a good clean (TB cleaner) and idle set screw adjustment, and the whistle can be fixed by grinding down the sharp edges where the IAC ports come into the main flow path. I have also heard more than once that the throttle response thing is a myth. I’m surprised so many people are talking you into going smaller, but IMHO, stay with the 70.

Check out this link, it explains how to fix your problems:

http://www.bbkperformance.com/tech1.shtml#Q7

so...does Edlebrock make BBK. I have a 70mm eddy TB waiting to go on. Do they wistle. I kinda want the wistle lol

I am not sure I have a 70mm eldebrock bbk TB I thought they was 2 different companies but mine says both on top. My whistles really loud when you hit the gas. Everyone thought I was supercharged. When I accually went SC it doesnt whislte at all. I took my CAI off and the whistle stopped for me anyways

Iv herd good things about the ford racing tb but i went down to make a purchase and i asked the guy if it came with the tps and he said no. Is this true

I checked the web and it looks like it does come with it.